How to make the camera start up with WIFI OFF

El Beaner

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want the default upon start up to be WIFI off. I can't seem to set that setting using the Blackvue Andorid App. Do I need to do it via the Player on my PC/MAC?

I was able to set that on my 550-2CH but I was running the Russian modified software

I don't think you can with the 750. There is a setting however via the app to make it turn off automatically after a little while. I have it set and it turns off about 15 to 20 minutes after start up. For now it's better than nothing I guess. I'm hopeing it will be available in a future firmware upgrade.

Turn off cloud-features, when you're able to turn off the wifi on startup.

I don't think you can with the 750. There is a setting however via the app to make it turn off automatically after a little while. I have it set and it turns off about 15 to 20 minutes after start up. For now it's better than nothing I guess. I'm hopeing it will be available in a future firmware upgrade.
Turn off cloud-features, when you're able to turn off the wifi on startup.

I contacted Blackvue directly about this, they confirmed on the 750, the feature for boot up with wifi off is not yet in the firmware but stated it is something they will be adding in in a future firmware release.

So the only option is to set it to turn off automatically after 10 min of non use.

Hello, the option was added in firmware 1.003.
Now you have:
- Wi-Fi Auto Turn On (toggle ON/OFF)
- Wi-Fi Auto Turn Off (toggle ON/OFF)
Thank you.

Hello, the option was added in firmware 1.003.
Now you have:
- Wi-Fi Auto Turn On (toggle ON/OFF)
- Wi-Fi Auto Turn Off (toggle ON/OFF)
Thank you.

What is the difference between those 2 options? I’m a little confused about redundancy.

Back