How to operate N4

thebooge

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My N4 is installed using the hardwire kit, to a constant supply (interior light). The camera works great when driving.

My question is how to make it stay quiet when not used. I have my camera set to record 5 minute loops, and parking mode is turned off. I turn the camera off completely (holding down the power button until shut down), exit the car, and lock the doors. If I look through the window, the camera is off, and no blue light is flashing. But when I come back the following day, it has turned itself on, and has been recording 5 minute loops, all night long.

I must be using the settings wrong. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I'm confused. When you turn off the dashcam and turn off the parking mode, it will not record all night long.
My friend told me another issue is kinda like yours. But his problem was, the dashcam record the whole night when he turns off the parking mode, what the difference from you was he didn't turn off the dashcam.
Maybe you can try to update the dashcam?

I'm confused. When you turn off the dashcam and turn off the parking mode, it will not record all night long.
My friend told me another issue is kinda like yours. But his problem was, the dashcam record the whole night when he turns off the parking mode, what the difference from you was he didn't turn off the dashcam.
Maybe you can try to update the dashcam?
I have the same camera and noticed this happens. I have moments when I turn my camera off but it will turn back on eventually if power is still going to it. I just unplug the power cord or take the camera out the mount if I don’t want it to be on.

I noticed without using parking mode it will just keep recording and it can kill the battery quicker.

It does sound like you have parking mode unintentionally turned on, it it also sounds like you desire the camera to turn off when the car power is off? If so, the simpliest solution might be to simply change the fuse location you are using for your hardwire kit, to one that it only powered when the car is on (or on ACC power)?

Back