How to power Street Guardian SG9663DCP with Cellink Neo?

pockimidget

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently bought a SG9663DCP-32 (SG) and a Cellink Neo (Neo) after confirming with BlackBoxMyCar that the two should be compatible with each other. However, when I got the two items, I can't seem to figure out how to hook up the Neo to the SG so that the SG gets power from the Neo. (Note that I'm trying to only use the cigarette socket type of power input for the Neo. I don't want to hardwire my car.)

I see that the SG uses a USB type of power input cable. The Neo has a DC Out cable for the output cable and the hardwiring cables, which I don't plan to use.

So my difficulty is figuring out how to get
Neo (DC output connector, looks small and round) -> SG (USB input connector, usual dashcam-style USB input)

Hope that makes sense. Am I missing something? Is there something I need to get to get it from DC -> USB powered?

I really hope I can use this dash cam with this battery pack, and especially without doing any hardwiring.

You choose the output power method (output cable) when purchasing the NEO, at least on BlackboxMyCar.com. I chose the cigarette socket. You insert a usb charger, usually included with most cams, into the cigarette socket and the usb cable from that into your cam, and voila, power.

So wherever or from whomever you purchased your NEO supplied a different way of powering the cam. Maybe try contacting BlackBoxMyCar and see if you can purchase just the cigarette socket.

56W9zNw.png

Edit: I'm also providing this link to the NEO on BlackBoxMyCar so maybe it will better help you understand what the NEO comes with and what options are available for output when purchasing.

Last edited:
Thanks! Just bought the cigarette socket output and that seems to work well. Thanks for the tip!!

im not a fan of cigarette lighter sockets, i find in the old mazda i have one of these and every so often the lead works itself loose slightly and cam stops and i have to replug it in, i ended up zip tying it together, hasnt come apart since.

you need the SGDCHW hardiwire kit to connect to the output of the Cellink Neo
Does this mean we have to splice the SGDCHW hardwire kit to the cellink neo unspliced hardwire kit? What if I dont have the unspliced hardwire kit? Can I just crimp connector pins onto the SGDCHW hardwire ends and insert it in a molex connector? thanks

I haven't seen the connector on the Neo to know if that's possible or not

Here is the Cellink Neo unspliced hardwire kit. Its got a molex connector on one side, and the 3colored wires on the other.

Back