How to Replace Battery on Mini 803

Edwmos

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Hello, My mini 803 stop working some days ago, it started but always had the message of "Low Battery" and then turns off.

I opened and found that battery was damaged (see pictures) I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a replacement battery or if there is other way to repair it. It seems that camera still working.

Original Battery is 3.7 V and 450 mAh

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0393.JPG
    IMG_0393.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 201
Thanks, I appreciate all responses.

Niko, do you know the size of the battery you normally use? Current (before getting blow up) seems to measure 20 mm x 37 mm (0.787 x 1.456 inches)

Thanks, I just checked and I believe there will be no issue with the 40 mm length, i'll try that one. When I receive it I can let you know if works.

Thanks for your help.

Correct size is:

Length - 38mm Width - 20mm Depth - 5.1mm

Any bigger and you will have difficulty getting it back together or it will be impossible.

Don't worry about the mah figure, anywhere from 250 to 400 will work fine, it just affects the amount of time it will run for on battery which isn't very important.

It looks like your old one has overheated which is not a big surprise for your location - I strongly suggest drilling some extra holes in the case below and above the battery location. Also make sure you have a sunshield of some sort above the camera to protect it from direct sun landing on the case from above - a bit of black tape stuck to the glass to provide a shadow is enough to make a big difference.

Thanks, I just checked and I believe there will be no issue with the 40 mm length, i'll try that one. When I receive it I can let you know if works.

Thanks for your help.

You might want to buy both ( 300 and 450Mah ) just in case and see which one fits. Because if 450Mah does not fit, then need to wait another 3-4 weeks for 300 Mah delivery. If both fits, then you can use one as a spare.

Back