HOW-TO: Restore to ORIGINAL FIRMWARE from CUSTOM FIRMWARE

Alan-GTC-

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the hidden website you download the CUSTOM 1.5 firmware there is a RAR (zip file) that allows you to downgrade from CUSTOM 1.5 to a RUSSIAN version 1.03

Simply the instructions are:
1. Remove the SD card from the camera running the CUSTOM 1.5 firmware
2. Download the file "dr650gw-2ch_v1.003r_from_1.5" from the link described here http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=877.0 (it is at bottom of page - note you must be a registered user and have the status of a Donated User)
3. Open the SD card on your PC and delete the SYSTEM folder
4. From the file "dr650gw-2ch_v1.003r_from_1.5" (open with winrar) copy the SYSTEM folder to your SD card
5. Insert SD card to camera
6. Let the upgrade work - it will change your camera to RUSSIAN language
7. After upgrade complete power off the camera
8. Open the SD card on your PC with the "Blackvue HD" software from Pittasoft (this was supplied with your camera)
9. On the SETTINGs icon (gear icon top right) you can change back to English
10. Install back to camera and presto your camera is now ENGLISH again.
11. Using the iPhone or Android BLACKVUE APP download the v1.03 software to your phone.

<wait for download to complete on your phone>

12. Connect to your camera WIFI with phone and open the app
13. On APP press "Blackvue WI-FI" -> CONFIG -> FIRMWARE UPGRADE

After all that your Camera is now back to the OFFICIAL firmware.

NOTE: I only reverted back as I am having issues with my camera stalling. I may need to return the camera under warranty for repair or replacement. I absolutely appreciate the quality of the work Alexsoll and the team have done on the custom FIRMWARE. Hoping to have camera sorted soon so yet again I can enjoy the sheer quality of the improvements in the custom FIRMWARE.

Last edited:
Thank you for the write up!

hey Alan you saved my day) that worked thank you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR650GW (1CH or 2CH) 4
Back