Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

For some reason, my dash cam is recording HIGH and LOW resolution videos:

20/01/2018 11:38 LOW
20/01/2018 11:38 HIGH
(above are just examples)

Obviously this will take up space for the same video.

The dashcam is set to 1440p resolution on the settings.

Does anyone know how to stop it recording a high and low resolution, just the high resolutions?

See image

Thanks,
Dan Goodwin

Attachments

• dashcam.JPG
    dashcam.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 10
the smaller file is what you see when accessing via wifi, the larger files are not practical for wifi access

the smaller file is what you see when accessing via wifi, the larger files are not practical for wifi access

cheers :) the WiFi setting is switched off. Why does it still record lower res even when wifi is off?

cheers :) the WiFi setting is switched off. Why does it still record lower res even when wifi is off?

because you may decide to turn wifi on at any time to view files, if you only had the larger files you wouldn't be able to use the app as intended

there was some mention previously by the rep here that they were looking at the option of having no small file, need to be aware if doing it that way that it would limit the functionality of the camera/app

if the smaller files were disabled it's only going to add about 10 to 15 percent more recording time before recycling, not really a big deal in the scheme of things

because you may decide to turn wifi on at any time to view files, if you only had the larger files you wouldn't be able to use the app as intended

there was some mention previously by the rep here that they were looking at the option of having no small file, need to be aware if doing it that way that it would limit the functionality of the camera/app

if the smaller files were disabled it's only going to add about 10 to 15 percent more recording time before recycling, not really a big deal in the scheme of things

Ah okay. So its intended functionality that it records both files?

If you find 2 files to be a card guzzler then you'll need to revert to firmware v 9.5

That's a good call about wifi on/off and dual files

I don't use wifi so have never turned it on so I only need the hi-res file

It should be possible to disable these LO-files. It is such a waste of precious disk space if you don't want or need to use their WiFi-APP. I don't use this option and it is completely useless for me, as there is already a built-in screen on the dashcam if I should like to watch something right away. As well as with their forced logo I don't think they will allow the user to have any choice.

Sorry I'm only now seeing this - thank you @jokiin

We introduced this because the transfer over Wi-Fi was extremely slow in comparison to what customers were expecting. Yes you can go back to r9.5 if you're on a 412GW, I can send if you like?

The option to turn it on or off will be coming as not all customers use Wi-Fi.

The Joovuu X cam did the same at one time, but in the end the wifi low res files was filtered off the memory card.
The X cam like all others are also extremely slow on the wifi, but cant recall if it was faster when the low res files was there on the card too, i dident consider testing this as wifi to me are just a means of setup and aiming a dashcam.

The Joovuu X cam did the same at one time, but in the end the wifi low res files was filtered off the memory card.
The X cam like all others are also extremely slow on the wifi, but cant recall if it was faster when the low res files was there on the card too, i dident consider testing this as wifi to me are just a means of setup and aiming a dashcam.

the low res files are much quicker, they're about 85% smaller, for anyone that wanted to view files via wifi it is a much better option to have those there, have to keep in mind that nobody wants to use wifi to access files until they need to use it, when you're standing on the side of the road trying to show the police officer what happened fast access becomes pretty useful

Any updates yet on when the new firmware will be released

Any update? I see version R16.2 was released but it doesn't seem to have any setting for this, looking at the description?

I just take out the micro-SD card and put it in a laptop if I want to see any recordings. No need for any WiFi trouble. I would really appreciate a way to disable the LO files!

Already there, its under the first menu 'dual files'

Confirmed as resolved, thank you. Your engagement on this forum is great.

Fantastic - you'll get more 'time' on the card now.

Thanks you're welcome.

I'm a newby on here and it was this post that got me interested.
I have the nextbase 332GW and more than pleased with it, although the duel file thing was a bit of a bind.
I like
Daniel31
just put the SD card in my laptop.
So glad I found this solution to the duel file problem
Thanks

Yes it’s there but the options are either Hi & Lo or lo only so still doesn’t have Hi only or am I doing something wrong?
Hello,

The two options for Dual Files are:

On- Both High and Low Files are recorded simultaneously.
Off- Only High resolution files are recorded. Low resolution files will not be recorded.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back