How to tell if audio is being recorded

K-A

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian SG9663DCPRO
Hi.

I'm looking at the .MP4 files from my SG9663DCPRO on my PC. The video is well done, but I do not hear any sound. My speakers work, so I am not sure how I can tell if it is a codec issue or the microphone not picking up sound. I suspect it is a codec issue since the dashcam viewer software is erroring out when starting, although it mentions a video codec.

Any advice gratefully considered,

K

Can you share one original video file so we can inspect it from our side?

The microphone icon on the love view LCD screen of the camera will be green at the top to represent it is recording audio. (Red = audio muted)

After you confirm this send us a sample to check out using

It is green when I view the screen after starting the engine. I am messaging you the file link.

It is green when I view the screen after starting the engine. I am messaging you the file link.

downloaded your file, that's a timelapse video though, there is no audio when using timelapse parking mode

do you have audio issues with your regular recordings?

I was TRYING to avoid a huge file upload. Let me try that any way and Email you the new link when it is done.

You could just cut off a little snippet, when its a audio or no audio issue, i don't think it is so must a matter or raw footage or not

I was TRYING to avoid a huge file upload. Let me try that any way and Email you the new link when it is done.

We just received your video samples to test. All audio plays for us and sounds 100% normal. You must have something going on with your computer if you can't hear audio.

Back