How to turn Full HD on? FHD-OFF

openAir

Reaction score
Country
United States
How to turn Full HD on? FHD-OFF
Hi guys,

Recently purchased 650S-2CH, newbie here.

I setup the video setting - resolution "FHD@30 + HD@30" and Image quality "Highest"

b_01.jpg

b_2.jpg

But, all my record shows up as FHD-OFF.

What am I missing? What do I have to set up to get Full HD recording?

My firmware version is v1.003 now.

Please let me know.

Did you save your changes? I have to lift the screen up to get to the save button.

Probably rear cam coaxial cable connection problem. Is the rear cam connected and recording ?

My case is when I unplug the rear, I have the same stamp tag.

Thanks

JohnM - Yes, I did save. I tried with wifi connected phone, and SD card usb connected to computer.

dhavie -
I think you are right. I only using front cam at the moment which means rear cam coaxial cable isn't connected. If that's the case, it's just weird bug.

Also I checked my file size and resolution of the video,
files sizes are avergae 78MB and resolution is 1920 x 1080.
It seems correct, except I don't see FHD-ON sign.

Also even if this full res of 1920 x 1080, I'm not happy with result. Most of time, it's even hard to see the license plate clearly.

Are you guys having similar issue of not happy with recorded video?

Also even if this full res of 1920 x 1080, I'm not happy with result. Most of time, it's even hard to see the license plate clearly.
By the way, you view it in the viewer or in your smartphone ? And it is a live view? Live view (not over cloud) have a heavy pixelation and the quality drops.

Well, this issue is very subjective . There are a lot of thread complaining the video quality and basically I tell/comfort myself by reminding myself " what my eyes sees, the cam sees". I do agree with you that sometimes we just can't see the plate number or some detail especially when the surrounding light is dimmed and the most cause by light reflection. Secondly, what screen we use to view the footages .

DR650 series video bitrate had improved from 8mbps to 10mbps for front cam and it is very decent now.

Mind to post your video for us to check it out.

This is a snapshot from my phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-07-21-52-16.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-07-21-52-16.png
    862.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi openAir,

Thanks for your reply, but I can't understand why connecting the rear can should cause problems. Perhaps an email to cs@pittasoft.com would help - or back to your dealer if it's still under warranty.

The video quality can be poor, especially the front cam, due to reflection from windscreen and bonnet.

I can't understand why connecting the rear can should cause problems.
If that's the case, it's just weird bug.
The stamp maybe an indication showing either that the rear cam is connected or not. If the rear cam connected, it will pop out DR650S/FHD-HD. It is not a defect.

Back