How to Turn OFF DR-500 Sound Alerts (not Audio Recording)

UltrA_09

New Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Hi DashCamTalk! I had a question regarding my newly purchased BlackVue DR500GW that I can't seem to find an answer for (I have already tried searching the forum, however wasn't able to find a suitable solution)

I am interested in essentially 'muting' the camera; so that it doesn't emit any sound, whether at start-up or power-down. At first I thought that the touch button on the left of the camera would turn off audio alerts, though I quickly learned that the button only toggles the audio recording instead.

Based on what I've found while searching, I am under the impression that the settings may be located somewhere in the 'config' files, however I am not at all sure what to do exactly (I am not very familiar with the camera/settings yet). Any help is appreciated.
 

jsan

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2013
Messages
139
Reaction score
1
Country
Canada
Re: How to Turn OFF DR-500 Sound Alerts (not Audio Recording

UltrA_09 said:
Hi DashCamTalk! I had a question regarding my newly purchased BlackVue DR500GW that I can't seem to find an answer for (I have already tried searching the forum, however wasn't able to find a suitable solution)

I am interested in essentially 'muting' the camera; so that it doesn't emit any sound, whether at start-up or power-down. At first I thought that the touch button on the left of the camera would turn off audio alerts, though I quickly learned that the button only toggles the audio recording instead.

Based on what I've found while searching, I am under the impression that the settings may be located somewhere in the 'config' files, however I am not at all sure what to do exactly (I am not very familiar with the camera/settings yet). Any help is appreciated.
Install the blackview viewer software then run it and go to settings. you can adjust those there. You can adjust them through the config file but other method is easier.
 

wozzzzza

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2013
Messages
2,904
Reaction score
1,177
Country
Australia
Re: How to Turn OFF DR-500 Sound Alerts (not Audio Recording

did you RTFM??
 
OP
U

UltrA_09

New Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Re: How to Turn OFF DR-500 Sound Alerts (not Audio Recording

jsan said:
UltrA_09 said:
Hi DashCamTalk! I had a question regarding my newly purchased BlackVue DR500GW that I can't seem to find an answer for (I have already tried searching the forum, however wasn't able to find a suitable solution)

I am interested in essentially 'muting' the camera; so that it doesn't emit any sound, whether at start-up or power-down. At first I thought that the touch button on the left of the camera would turn off audio alerts, though I quickly learned that the button only toggles the audio recording instead.

Based on what I've found while searching, I am under the impression that the settings may be located somewhere in the 'config' files, however I am not at all sure what to do exactly (I am not very familiar with the camera/settings yet). Any help is appreciated.
Install the blackview viewer software then run it and go to settings. you can adjust those there. You can adjust them through the config file but other method is easier.
Strange, I have installed the software and have gone through all the settings, but I didn't see that option. I must have missed it somehow (though I've check twice!) :oops: ... I'll have to take a look once more when I get the chance. Thanks for the help, I hope you're right!

wozzzzza said:
did you RTFM??
:roll:
 

jsan

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2013
Messages
139
Reaction score
1
Country
Canada
Re: How to Turn OFF DR-500 Sound Alerts (not Audio Recording

wifi + Etc. last tab, at the bottom
 

Hillbilly

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
1,748
Reaction score
252
Location
Sunshine Coast
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DR750s x2 DR450 x2
Re: How to Turn OFF DR-500 Sound Alerts (not Audio Recording

UltrA_09 said:
jsan said:
UltrA_09 said:
Hi DashCamTalk! I had a question regarding my newly purchased BlackVue DR500GW that I can't seem to find an answer for (I have already tried searching the forum, however wasn't able to find a suitable solution)

I am interested in essentially 'muting' the camera; so that it doesn't emit any sound, whether at start-up or power-down. At first I thought that the touch button on the left of the camera would turn off audio alerts, though I quickly learned that the button only toggles the audio recording instead.

Based on what I've found while searching, I am under the impression that the settings may be located somewhere in the 'config' files, however I am not at all sure what to do exactly (I am not very familiar with the camera/settings yet). Any help is appreciated.
Install the blackview viewer software then run it and go to settings. you can adjust those there. You can adjust them through the config file but other method is easier.
Strange, I have installed the software and have gone through all the settings, but I didn't see that option. I must have missed it somehow (though I've check twice!) :oops: ... I'll have to take a look once more when I get the chance. Thanks for the help, I hope you're right!

wozzzzza said:
did you RTFM??
:roll:

Wifi tab Bottom right VOICE ALARM

The manual can be found here Great reading http://blackvue.com/en/contents/sub3.as ... searchstr=

"Should have gone to Specsavers" LOL
 
Last edited by a moderator:

wozzzzza

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2013
Messages
2,904
Reaction score
1,177
Country
Australia
Re: How to Turn OFF DR-500 Sound Alerts (not Audio Recording

Hillbilly said:
"Should have gone to Specsavers" LOL
probably dont have one in canada
 

Waratah_8860

New Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Country
Australia
1 year later ... wifi+ ETC Settings tab allows to turn of standard messages & control announcement volume. How to completely turn off announcements? e.g. "Insert SD card" or "Starting Audio Recording"? These options are not in the settings tab.
 

Hillbilly

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
1,748
Reaction score
252
Location
Sunshine Coast
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DR750s x2 DR450 x2
1 year later ... wifi+ ETC Settings tab allows to turn of standard messages & control announcement volume. How to completely turn off announcements? e.g. "Insert SD card" or "Starting Audio Recording"? These options are not in the settings tab.
Probably cant and why would you want to they are for errors and Im sure you would like to know when you have a faulty card and the camera is not recording because of it. You can turn off audio recording in the settings so that one will work
 

Waratah_8860

New Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Country
Australia
Long story - thanks for your patience in advance ...
Sound alerts "Audio recording disabled" and "Starting Audio Recording" play one after another 7 or 8 times continuously while driving. These messages will play at random times. System log shows audio button activate/deactivate sequence. I contacted Pittasoft, who asked me to contact dealer. Dealer support team says voice switch on side of Blackvue is being triggered by something. There is nothing hanging next to the cam. I have a workaround - stuck a 5mm dia black dot over the voice switch and the alerts don't play now. I have enabled voice recording and now need to monitor for a few days to see if the workaround fixes the issue. No waving the hand though to turn voice rec on/off !
 
Top