How to turn off GPS logging while keeping the speed stamp?

ELNINO

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Hi,

Is there a way to turn off the GPS text files being saved to the card, but to keep GPS functions on just to get the speed stamp on the video? You may ask why, but I kinda feel I don't need cordinate files polluting my card (I know it's pretty small, but still) and also feel the unit need not to do that extra effort in saving them, if I don't need it.

Thanks.

In short, no. If the GPS is being read, it writes the files. The files are deleted with the corresponding video file. As far as burning your speed into the video, it may not be a good idea. Think about the case where something happens and you need the video to show you were in the right. If it shows you were exceeding the speed leading up to the incident- even by a couple MPH - it can be used against you. "your honor, the video clearly shows that the plaintiff / defendant was speeding in the time leading up to this incident".
If you've got the files - which you contol and are separate from the video - you can include them or delete them if you don't think they are relevant.

In short, no. If the GPS is being read, it writes the files. The files are deleted with the corresponding video file. As far as burning your speed into the video, it may not be a good idea. Think about the case where something happens and you need the video to show you were in the right. If it shows you were exceeding the speed leading up to the incident- even by a couple MPH - it can be used against you. "your honor, the video clearly shows that the plaintiff / defendant was speeding in the time leading up to this incident".
If you've got the files - which you contol and are separate from the video - you can include them or delete them if you don't think they are relevant.
+1

Back