How to upgrade the front and rear camera firmware separately?

newdashcam1

Reaction score
Country
United States
From the Firmware Update Instructions in our forum,

It says
"you must upgrade the front camera and rear camera firmware separately"
and
"Download and copy the FWA129S.bin, RearcamA129FW.bin, and RearcamA129FW.update to your microSD card".

However, the instruction on official site and youtubers only upgrade the front camera, and I didn't find those mentioned file: RearcamA129FW.bin, and RearcamA129FW.update from the official instruction.

Could anyone tell me do we need to upgrade front and back camera separately? Where are those two files for rear camera? Thanks in advance!

From the Firmware Update Instructions in our forum,

It says
"you must upgrade the front camera and rear camera firmware separately"
and
"Download and copy the FWA129S.bin, RearcamA129FW.bin, and RearcamA129FW.update to your microSD card".

However, the instruction on official site and youtubers only upgrade the front camera, and I didn't find those mentioned file: RearcamA129FW.bin, and RearcamA129FW.update from the official instruction.

Could anyone tell me do we need to upgrade front and back camera separately? Where are those two files for rear camera? Thanks in advance!

Looks like you have created two threads for the same question.

It would help if you could tell us the dash cam model you are using.
You can find this out in the menu on the dash cam.
Also add the firmware version it currently is using.

Note that the A129 Duo has a different processor than the A129 Pro Duo and therefore different firmware update procedures.

Cheers.

A129 "Plus" Duo with rear camera update. Other a129 duo and a129 pro duo cameras are updated with a single file.

Last edited:
Looks like you have created two threads for the same question.

It would help if you could tell us the dash cam model you are using.
You can find this out in the menu on the dash cam.
Also add the firmware version it currently is using.

Note that the A129 Duo has a different processor than the A129 Pro Duo and therefore different firmware update procedures.

Cheers.
Hello thanks for your kind reply. I am using A129 Plus Duo with EMMC card.
I posted here also because Firmware Update Instructions was comparing it with A129 Duo, and Duo also has front and rear cam. I guess updating both front and rear cam also applies to A129 Duo? But I don't know if we do need to do that, the official site even doesn't have the bin files for rear cam!

Hello thanks for your kind reply. I am using A129 Plus Duo with EMMC card.
I posted here also because Firmware Update Instructions was comparing it with A129 Duo, and Duo also has front and rear cam. I guess updating both front and rear cam also applies to A129 Duo? But I don't know if we do need to do that, the official site even doesn't have the bin files for rear cam!
The A129 Duo does use two cameras but the processor and sensors are different so the firmware will be different. (Only update with one file)
I'm not sure about the A129 Pro Duo eMMc

I think it will be to your advantage to only use the other thread you created as it is in a thread that is closer to what you are looking for.

Continue the discussion via this link on Firmware for the A129 Pro Duo eMMc

Cheers.
@ogzogz I'm not totally sure but I expect the A139 and the T130 also use a two file update method. (At least in Beta release they did.)
- Tam olarak emin değilim ama A139 ve T130'un da iki dosya güncelleme yöntemi kullanmasını bekliyorum. (En azından Beta sürümünde yaptılar.)

@ogzogz I'm not totally sure but I expect the A139 and the T130 also use a two file update method. (At least in Beta release they did.)
- Tam olarak emin değilim ama A139 ve T130'un da iki dosya güncelleme yöntemi kullanmasını bekliyorum. (En azından Beta sürümünde yaptılar.)
The rear camera on the T130, like the rear camera on the A129 Plus, has its own processor and is updated with a separate file.

Back