How to use the Lukas Viewer software

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
The Lukas Viewer software is provided with your dashcam / blackbox free of charge and is designed to make viewing files easy as well as for changing camera settings easily.

The software is also freely available here:
http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_viewer

I've noticed that the video files don't seem to play well with Registrator Viewer which I'm still looking into, but the Lukas Viewer has some nice extra features like the ability to play both channels at once as well as change all of the configuration items within your camera.

The videos are here:

I don't find the lukas tutorial very useful. With each new firmware update, there is a new viewer. Depending on the version number, the update may be a major upgrade.

Lukas, in their infinite wisdom decided to eliminate the viewer manual and even user manual for many of their devices from their download site. The dashcma manual can be viewed via device (cam)'s small screen but not by any other source. which is insanely stupid. It's no wonder why my dealer is reconsidering carrying Lukas.

I did look at some other videos and the viewer seemed very similar for all of them - feel free to post up another video to show the differences?

Surely it's a good thing the viewer gets upgraded as they can add in new extras depending on anything changing in the firmware. All software changes so I really don't get your point.

The LK7950 doesn't have a screen so the manuals are all on the web site as well as the SD.

What camera is it you're struggling with?

Sorry, I can't see any manuals for the Lukas viewer.

It's inside the manual for the camera if you could be arsed to open it

reverend, i don't appreciate your smarky remarks. please refrain from making them to me in the future.

any way, the instructions are very basic in the manual that refers to the viewer. with each new update, there may be (and are) new features and commands added that are not elaborated. initially, there was a detailed Lukas viewer manual for download, now there is none.

Snarky? Just trying to point you in the direction of something you may have missed.

I find the Viewer to be almost useless. I want a viewer like i had for my first Dash-Cam, that viewer was portable and I could copy it onto the CD that I copied my video files to and who ever had that CD could see the whole show from Google on the Maps with the speed and everything Lukas viewer shows IF you install it. I do not know the name of the original Camera but the Viewer was called Secureeye and I loved it.

Back