How to wire B1M to Harley Davidson

JokerFellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone have a pdf or step by step instructions on how to wire up the B1M camera to Harley-Davidson? I want to ensure I’m wiring it correctly. Anyone? Many thanks!

you can buy plug and play harnesses for most late model Harley's to plug accessories in, might be worth a look

this type of thing

My source tells me that you can combined the yellow and red wire and make one connection to power your B1M cam. Are you looking for a power source for the cam? I tapped into the rear running lights since the B1M does not require a lot of power. Are you concerned about tapping into the harness?

My source tells me that you can combined the yellow and red wire and make one connection to power your B1M cam. Are you looking for a power source for the cam? I tapped into the rear running lights since the B1M does not require a lot of power. Are you concerned about tapping into the harness?

Exactly. Looking for guidance or wiring diagram to show what wire goes where. I’m not great with wiring so every bit helps, especially tapping into harnesses. Thanks!

Well not sure if you have any circuit testers or multi-meter but they would help. You can bet that a black wire is most likely ground but without knowing what you have for equipment I'd say try and trace your wiring back to the running light and see what color the wires are. I have a tester that has a sharp point and can poke thru the covering of the wire. Let us know what you have as equipment... circuit tester etc.

Well not sure if you have any circuit testers or multi-meter but they would help. You can bet that a black wire is most likely ground but without knowing what you have for equipment I'd say try and trace your wiring back to the running light and see what color the wires are. I have a tester that has a sharp point and can poke thru the covering of the wire. Let us know what you have as equipment... circuit tester etc.
Thanks! I went ahead and bought a CustomDynamics plug n’ play adapter.

Welcome back! I think this video will be helpful to tell you how to install it onto a Harley

Forget to mention that:
We disable the parking mode feature on the B1M dashcam. You can tap the red wire and yellow wire to the same Key-on switch, it works well also!

JokerFelow, did you ever get that B1M installed?

Back