How to wire direct wire harness to PMP

yoo

Reaction score
Country
United States
My dash cam came with direct wire harness like image I uploaded. It also has blIt has yellow (ACC), red (BATT) and black ground on the dire wire harness. PMP comes with adapter to connect cigarette lighter from the dash cam. I have to cut off the cigarette lighter adapter and connect the direct wire harness by splicing cigarette adapter. Do I simply connect red with red and black with black? If so, there would be yellow line left from direct wire harness. What do I do with that?

If that is not how I wire it, can someone enlighten me how to connect the direct wire harness with PMP adapter?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• direct wire harness.jpg
    direct wire harness.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2583.JPG
    IMG_2583.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Firstly what dash cam is it?

Three wires on the cam suggests it might already have a power management built-in.

Firstly what dash cam is it?

Three wires on the cam suggests it might already have a power management built-in.

I have Thinkware dash cam

It does have built in power management where it will shut off auto when it goes below certain voltage. Do you suggest I directly wire to fuse box without PMP? I was thinking about adding PMP incase the dashcam malfunctioned.

If your suggestion is to wire directly into fuse without PMP, is there an adapter for low profile fuse? I won't be able to wrap the wire to low profile fuse. I already bought fuse tap if that works.

Last edited:
the dashcam should be more reliable than the PMP, you're just adding another potential point of failure, better to connect it as the manufacturer intended

Yeap theres no need for the PMP at all. The power management on Thinkware cams is pretty solid when wired correctly.

Wire it directly to the fuse box as intended and set the cut off voltage. You also can set a timer on top of the cut off voltage.

Yes there are fuse taps for low profile fuses. You will need two of them.

Thanks for the info guys. I will be installing directly into fuse box without PMP.

The fuse tap has slop for 2 fuses. 1 for the original fuse and slot for added fuse. Which amp fuse should I use for the added slot?

Last edited:
Low.. ~ 5 amps is plenty. Be aware that you can insert your add-a-fuse two ways.. for a purist.. only one will be right.

Quick test.. if there is power in your added circuit (with the new fuse installed) and.. the original fuse NOT you are good. If you only have power when both fuses are installed you need to flip the add-a-fuse thingmie 180 degrees.

For what it is worth.. a minor point and either way will work...

Last edited:
Back