How to wire HK3 to disable parking mode?

champ.49er

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just ordered the A119 V3 and HK3 hardwire kit. It's for an elderly person's car that rarely drives their car, so I don't want to risk them running out of battery even with the HK3 shut off feature. I also don't want to just disable parking mode in the camera because I'm concerned about parasitic drain from the HK3's LED. How do I wire the HK3 to disable parking mode? Do I just connect the red and yellow wires to the same fuse tap?

Shame you didn't post before you got the HWK.

I'm the same so I got a 2 wire Nextbase HWK and it works perfectly. Comes on and turns off with the ignition.

Do I just connect the red and yellow wires to the same fuse tap?
Yes, you can connect the red and yellow wires to one fuse, on which voltage appears when the ignition is turned on.

Yes, you can connect the red and yellow wires to one fuse, on which voltage appears when the ignition is turned on.
Yes, it's physically possible, but it's not good at all!

There has been a lot of discussion about this, I will not repeat, search the forum and you will find it.
Maybe my searching is not good, but I couldn't find any info why connecting the red and yellow wires to the same fuse is not good. Could you please reply here since you've been so helpful already in this thread? Thanks in advance.

@ champ.49er
The red and yellow wires are not both used for power. The yellow wire is the trigger, and the red one the power supply. If you tie them together, the camera will have problems starting up.

Last edited:
Back