Howdy

Steelcityuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've been viewing the forum for a couple years on and off. I finally got around to installing a screenless mini dashcam I bought years ago. It works OK but the resolution leaves a bit to be desired and at night the picture is pretty bad. Oh and it won't keep time and date. I'd been looking to replace it with a mini 0805/0806 but the reliability put me off. I liked the look of the DDPai Mini but some reviews complained about poor bit rate, I thought about the M6+ but thought would it detach in a crash or get stolen if I don't remove it. So after much hesitation I've decided to buy a RAC 03. The image looks good from what I've seen, is descrete and will give me camera warnings in my older car. One question I have, does anyone know what sensor it uses? I've looked all over but can't find the answer.

Thanks.

Steve.

they don't specify but going by the specs it's either AR0330 or OV4689, the OV is capable of higher spec than what they're offering but would be the better choice of the two and the more likely I would think, it's a better performer when used with the chipset they are using so if the video is good I'd be more inclined to think this is the one they have used

Thanks for the info, I'll search for info on them. I'm just curious.

Back