Hoya HD CPL filter for DOD LS460w

A 49mm lens will fit but......be sure that it is just as good as the Hoya HD filter. With that filter you do not need to remove it at night.
See this movie I made with a Hoya HD filter and without a filter

Hi there~ Do you still have anything left? Please tell me how to purchase this from you. Can you ship to Taiwan? Thanks!

Hi there~ Do you still have anything left? Please tell me how to purchase this from you. Can you ship to Taiwan? Thanks!
As has been said previously Send him what you want and your details to this e-mail.
dutchdashcam@outlook.com

I did on Friday and he is sending me one (UK). Looking forward to trying it out. Now the Summer is here and there is more reflection from the dash etc, it will be nice to reduce that using one of these filters.

Hi Artnada, thanks for your reminder~
Actually I did write Dutchdashcam an email three days ago, but no reply yet.

Hi Artnada, thanks for your reminder~
Well it is the weekend. Give him time off ;)

Will this fit ls400w?
Sorry for my late reply, I had a short holiday.:)

The exact diameter from the LS460w is 35,39mm
The exact diameter from the LS430w is 35,55mm
So I have two different adapters. It must fit exacty so the adapter from the 430 is too "big" for the 460, and from the 460 on the 430 fits too tight.
I do not know the exact outside lens sizes from the LS400, maybe you can measure it exactly?

I read your email on my phone, but I just had to figure out how to send it to Taiwan. I must use some special Customforms for your country!
We have two pentecost days in the Netherlands so yesterday everything was closed.
I will give you an email answer:)

I got my adaptor sometime ago from Rene at DutchDashCam. For some reason I was unable to locate the Hoya HD filter as recommended by Rene from within the UK.

Eventually opted to purchase one via Ebay all the way from Poland. An alternative to the more expensive HD model is Hoya 49mm Circular Polarizing and UV HRT Screw-in Filter at around 22 GBP. The HD version from Poland cost me around 36 GBP if I recall correctly and tool less than a week to reach sunny Manchester in the UK.

The filter I purchased certainly helps with the most benefit (as you would expect I guess) when driving into direct sunlight. I did make some vids to compare reflections with and without the filter, but I keep on overwriting them. Will make another vid when I get a chance.

I'd have to say that for me screen reflections were not totally eliminated, but definitely reduced. I'm now running with the LS460w with the adaptor and filter fitted all the time. Admittedly I've not run extensive tests but I'd say video quality is not adversely affected with the filter as a permanent fixture.

I may be tempted to try the Hoya filter from Amazon linked above as a comparison. Anyway, I've included a brief YT clip and original file below with the filter in place:

Many thanks to Rene at Dutchdashcam.

https://mega.co.nz/#!CkBGEaoB!bpQmfCW5Vlg9Tv257ev04knd7CH-uaIiP-ub2ewznOg

I may be tempted to try the Hoya filter from Amazon linked above as a comparison. Anyway, I've included a brief YT clip and original file below with the filter in place:

Many thanks to Rene at Dutchdashcam.

Thanks Tom, the Hoya HD filter 49mm with the lens adapter and step-up ring cost 51,95 Euro, the Hoya HD lens is 37 euro. 36GBP is more than 50 euro for the lens in Poland?
The Hoya HRT filter cost 25 euro.
The HD filter is preferred, its is 4 times stronger optical glass, hardened coating, water and oil repellent and one of the most
photosensitive CPL filters. And thats important.

Maybe this is helpful to compare the different filters qualities

EyeORkU.png

See the test in this movie that I made with the Standard, HRT and HD Hoya filters

Last edited:
Back