I’m getting really pissed off about this delayed firmware issue.

MiamiC70

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m getting really pissed off about this delayed firmware issue. Viofo, I’m going to start social media bombing what a piece of **** your camera and customer support is and I’ll be sure to leave some extra special reviews for you If you don’t get the **** off your asses and release the ****ing updated firmware we have been waiting for almost a year on!

sell it and move on to another brand. that's what I did ages ago and never felt better about it;.

What did you end up moving over to?

What did you end up moving over to?

I've been happier too since switching over to another brand. I won't mention which because no dash cam is perfect, but it is considerably better than the Viofo in my opinion, while still in the same price category.

The Viofo A118C's were great for their time, the A119 models were good and got better, but the A129 still seems like an unfinished product even after a considerable length of time on the market. Viofo's interest has moved onto new model(s) leaving loyal customers -- the owners of this generation, many of which were customers carried over from previous ones too -- stuck with a product with too many issues. And Viofo may find that many of those older previously loyal customers will not be moving forward with them -- like me, and likely other posters to this thread. Happy and satisfied customers return to buy more products, and even recommend them to several friends. But dissatisfied and unhappy customers will tell everyone to avoid them.

Well the A129pro forum seem rife with similar discontent so model is Viofo ”focused” on?

Well the A129pro forum seem rife with similar discontent so model is Viofo ”focused” on?

What difference does it really make? If Viofo cannot or does not address any of issues plaguing the current models, they why would anyone expect a different outcome for the next one?

Sure they have a certain dependence upon a SOC platform for much of the core functionality of their dashcams, but at least a few other dashcam manufacturers using the same or similar SOCs from the same suppliers seem to be able to do a better job with them. Maybe Viofo just does not have the right design/engineering talent on staff. Perhaps with some more forethought during the pre-manufacturing processes, the rear camera for an A129 would not broadcast stray interference like a spark gap transmitter, hampering operation of the tire pressure monitoring systems, keyless entry and keyless ignition systems which are (unfortunately) standard in so many modem cars. (And DAB radio in Europe too I understand?) If you do a search on the dashcamtalk forums for "TPMS" on this site, how many non-Viofo sub-forum posts are included in the result set?

Viofo dashcams have great form factors, but that does not mean much to me personally if they exhibit so many other issues. I want to like Viofo again, but it's just easier to give up on them and buy one of the other excellent dashcams available from other manufacturers. So sorry Viofo, you lost me. And you're probably losing others silently too. (I had purchased and was happy with nearly ten A118C's and A119's in various cars over the last several years, but only ever bought one A129 Duo. And chose to get rid of it.)

What difference does it really make? If Viofo cannot or does not address any of issues plaguing the current models, they why would anyone expect a different outcome for the next one?

Sure they have a certain dependence upon a SOC platform for much of the core functionality of their dashcams, but at least a few other dashcam manufacturers using the same or similar SOCs from the same suppliers seem to be able to do a better job with them. Maybe Viofo just does not have the right design/engineering talent on staff. Perhaps with some more forethought during the pre-manufacturing processes, the rear camera for an A129 would not broadcast stray interference like a spark gap transmitter, hampering operation of the tire pressure monitoring systems, keyless entry and keyless ignition systems which are (unfortunately) standard in so many modem cars. (And DAB radio in Europe too I understand?) If you do a search on the dashcamtalk forums for "TPMS" on this site, how many non-Viofo sub-forum posts are included in the result set?

Viofo dashcams have great form factors, but that does not mean much to me personally if they exhibit so many other issues. I want to like Viofo again, but it's just easier to give up on them and buy one of the other excellent dashcams available from other manufacturers. So sorry Viofo, you lost me. And you're probably losing others silently too. (I had purchased and was happy with nearly ten A118C's and A119's in various cars over the last several years, but only ever bought one A129 Duo. And chose to get rid of it.)
Can you state all major issues for the A129 Duo? It's the only dashcam I have but have not been using it for many months now since my car dealer had to replace my windshield. I hadn't had time to install it back but am just curious as to what the issues are? I know it did have issues with the buffered parking stuff but didn't know there were other stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Can you state all major issues for the A129 Duo? It's the only dashcam I have but have not been using it for many months now since my car dealer had to replace my windshield. I hadn't had time to install it back but am just curious as to what the issues are? I know it did have issues with the buffered parking stuff but didn't know there were other stuff.

Sorry, no. All the issues and problems are easily found in dashcamtalk forums. Skim the Viofo threads or use search... unless you are offering an hourly rate, with a negotiated minimum due in advance. Though you should know up front that I don't work cheap!

If you used this dashcam before the broken windshield and you were fine with it, then why would that change now? Perhaps the best way for you to decide is to review your recorded video footage for the event which damaged the windshield. If the dashcam actually recorded it then maybe keep the dashcam. But if it failed to record that event, then perhaps look for another dashcam! (This advice I offer you at no charge -- but please don't ask me to search though your recorded video footage either.)

I don't need your condescending attitude. Forget I asked and was even ever in this thread. The windshield was not broken. They needed to replace it because of a faulty wiper sensor that was embedded in the windshield. I don't need a dashcam to know that. So yeah, bravo to you.

I don't need your condescending attitude. Forget I asked and was even ever in this thread. The windshield was not broken. They needed to replace it because of a faulty wiper sensor that was embedded in the windshield. I don't need a dashcam to know that. So yeah, bravo to you.

Are you absolutely certain about that? So you experienced an issue with your vehicle which the manufacturer service department linked to a faulty sensor in your windshield -- the very windshield onto which the Viofo A129 Duo is affixed -- the very dashcam that is currently being reported as causing all sorts of strange and unusual failures in various vehicle electronic systems. Hmm...

Is it possible that you might have discovered another manufacturer installed vehicle system which can be negatively affected by the stray emissions radiating from the Viofo dashcam?

Is it possible that your windshield might not have needed to be replaced after all -- but only the Viofo dashcam disconnected or removed?

If you do that search I mentioned earlier, both here and on various vehicle enthusiast forums, you will find slews of people reporting having various sensors replaced at the dealership under warranty (most often TMPS), many of whom ultimately find that the same problems still persist afterward too -- until their third-party electronics are disconnected or removed (most often their dashcam).

Of course it is always possible that sensor might truly be bad, but the chance of that sensor not being the true cause of whatever problem you are experiencing is certainly not zero at this exact point in time. Good luck. I do hope you come back even if it is only to share that the problem was resolved with the new windshield containing with new sensor, because my interest has now been piqued.

Last edited:
Are you absolutely certain about that? So you experienced an issue with your vehicle which the manufacturer service department linked to a faulty sensor in your windshield -- the very windshield onto which the Viofo A129 Duo is affixed -- the very dashcam that is currently being reported as causing all sorts of strange and unusual failures in various vehicle electronic systems. Hmm...

Is it possible that you might have discovered another manufacturer installed vehicle system which can be negatively affected by the stray emissions radiating from the Viofo dashcam?

Is it possible that your windshield might not have needed to be replaced after all -- but only the Viofo dashcam disconnected or removed?

If you do that search I mentioned earlier, both here and on various vehicle enthusiast forums, you will find slews of people reporting having various sensors replaced at the dealership under warranty (most often TMPS), many of whom ultimately find that the same problems still persist afterward too -- until their third-party electronics are disconnected or removed (most often their dashcam).

Of course it is always possible that sensor might truly be bad, but the chance of that sensor not being the true cause of whatever problem you are experiencing is certainly not zero at this exact point in time. Good luck. I do hope you come back even if it is only to share that the problem was resolved with the new windshield containing with new sensor, because my interest has now been piqued.
Possibly, but that sensor was the auto wiper sensor which relies on light refraction. They found out that the mechanical bracket embedded in the windshield was bent or something. Before windshield replacement, the issue doesn't go away even when I disconnect the dashcam.

Sell the somebitch. I did. If they sell them with a SD card that they tested not to beep, I will buy it.

Yea, May do just that. It’s amazing a company will let a brand go to **** like Viofo has over pure incompetence. I mean when I bought my camera last year they were highly rated. Now every forum, social media site is nothing but venom from existing users with same concerns, issues we are complaining about here. Yet they do absolutely nothing about it. Incredulous.

Sell the somebitch. I did. If they sell them with a SD card that they tested not to beep, I will buy it.

Formal release 2.0 is out now. There is some wording about dealing with "slow" memory cards in parking mode being addressed.

From my point of view after a low level format of my Samsung Pro Extreme 128G card, no more parking mode issues. I will still run the v2.3 beta though as I have some operational stability now.

Last edited:
Formal release 2.0 is out now. There is some wording about dealing with "slow" memory cards in parking mode being addressed.
Finally an update, I'll give it a shot. However, the parking mode g-sensor sensitivity issue is still being ignored...
From my point of view after a low level format of my Samsung Pro Extreme 128G card, no more parking mode issues. I will still run the v2.3 beta though as I have some operational stability now.
What tool did you use to low level format the card?

SD card formatter for Windows.
I have three cards
Samsung Pro Extreme 32 G and 128 and Samsung EVO Plus 256G
But on one occasion this app would not format the card. It exited with an error. Windows low level format also exited with an error. This was the EVO plus.
I formatted this card on a MAC in exFAT then put back into windows machine and was able to low level format in Windows using this SD CARD FORMATTER app.
I did then format again using the camera when the card was inserted.
There is something about the low level format ex manufacturer that is "not right" . .ok for normal use but for dash cam "not right"
The recently release v2.0 does note some accomodation for slower memory cards during parking mode . . . .

I'm still running Version 1.5. It's stable as hell, albeit has the dupe frame every 92 frames and random dropped frame issue. Viofo doesn't handle their own sdk so it's unlikely to ever get resolved anytime soon.

However, I do have a question about 2.0.

Has anyone tried the newest firmware posted yesterday? It adds station mode. Does this mean you can connect your camera to the onboard internet in your vehicle, and watch the footage from afar live?

Finally an update, I'll give it a shot. However, the parking mode g-sensor sensitivity issue is still being ignored...
Any idea if it requires the updated boot loader from the beta?

I sended back my camera and got money back after 5 months of misery. Naver viofo products again!!!

Back