I almost got rearended by a reckless Audi driver! (Sunday, June 2nd 2019)

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
The description is in the video.

What is your problem? You caused that Audi to waste 3 seconds of his time!!!!! :)
It may be your fault he is late to reach the next intersection where a large truck will run a stopsign and crush him.
:)

What is your problem? You caused that Audi to waste 3 seconds of his time!!!!! :)
It may be your fault he is late to reach the next intersection where a large truck will run a stopsign and crush him.
:)
Hahaha, no doubt it's better to laugh about it than to have homicidal feelings towards the moron.
Don't worry, if that was to happen it would be just another piece of imported junk to go back to the junkyard. I'd feel bad for the kid in the back, though.

You should get a rear-facing camera
I know and I keep thinking about how useful it'd be if one day things don't go so "well" but the car is a work car (Opel Astra G 2.0 Dti Caravan) and I'm struggling to find a place where I can install a camera without being in the way everytime I need to access the booth. If it was simple I'd already have my G1W-H "covering" the rear.

Typical Audiot

Wow, more German Car hate.....It's not the car, it's the driver of the car. :)

Indeed, and i also think i would buy a nice Audi or Merc, but BMW i am not going near.

Audi could reboot and be Auto Union ;)

PS. Saw a sweet convertible AMG 63 a few days ago, now the topless i don't favor, but everything else i would take.

True, but most of the folks attracted to these types of cars are of a similar attitude regards their driving and their cars :( There was a time where the top 3 German car brands were well ahead of the average car in many ways with most of their owners understanding and appreciating what made them special, but now most cheaper cars have closed the technology gap considerably. There's nothing very special about anything short of the top-of-the-line models from Germany now except the nameplate :p I'd love to have a classic BMW or Merc but if you gave me a brand new one I'd have it sold within a day, then getting one of the many cars that better represent value for the money spent. What baffles me is why those who are equally rich and buy equally expensive cars made in Japan don't seem to have a similar attitude on the road- most of them drive far more sanely. So yeah, it may be the driver but it's also something to do with the cars too!

Phil

Here's the thing about that Audi and who drives it: that car is a used import (1998 car with 2006 portuguese plates), which means it was sold and registered new in the country of origin, then it was imported to Portugal 8 years after that with the original plates and registered here like a "new" car. They're usually beaten up, high mileage cars, sold for a much cheaper price than the used domestic ones (registered new in Portugal), that's why they sell like hot buns. The drivers of these cars are usually the ones who can't afford a new one or a used domestic but want the "prestige" associated with driving top brands's cars. The "problem" is that they were Renaul, Peugeot, Fiat, etc drivers and now they let the "rich man's car syndrome" go to their heads and drive accordingly. Of course there are exceptions, as there are among those who have the money to buy expensive domestic cars, but in both cases they're a small minority.

Here's a different take

The Driver wasn't paying attention, looked up and saw you stopped in front of him. (this bit not that unusual)
He hit the brakes but that wasn't going to be enough to avoid a collision ... so swerved to squeeze in between you and the sidewall.
Managed to miss both you and the side wall. Considering how much worse this could have easily turned out if he had not reacted so well and made the right split second call - I'm prepared to cut this bloke a little slack - so after calling him a dickhead (deserved) - murmur a quiet thank you for the quick thinking and avoiding making your day a heck of a lot worse.

Here's a different take

The Driver wasn't paying attention, looked up and saw you stopped in front of him. (this bit not that unusual)
He hit the brakes but that wasn't going to be enough to avoid a collision ... so swerved to squeeze in between you and the sidewall.
Managed to miss both you and the side wall. Considering how much worse this could have easily turned out if he had not reacted so well and made the right split second call - I'm prepared to cut this bloke a little slack - so after calling him a dickhead (deserved) - murmur a quiet thank you for the quick thinking and avoiding making your day a heck of a lot worse.
Here's my take: if he wasn't speeding in a 40 Km/h street in the first place, he would've been able to stop safely and there would've been no need whatsoever to "save" his, his kid or my day.

Back