I am unable to connect to the JooVuu wifi from my phone

thinkcat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Joovuu X
Hi all,

THis is my second JooVuu X. My first one, just randomly died one day, and never started back. I had some issues with my second JooVuu X, where it would just stop recording by itself. SOme of those issues went away when I did a firmware upgrade.

Right now my issue is, when I try to turn on the WiFi, when it is powered by it's own power supply cable, it turns ON, but I do not see it's SSID, and hence iOS/iPhone is not able to see it to connect. I have two iPhones, so I tried using the second, and still the same observation. Not able to connect as there is no SSID. I then took down the JooVuu X, and connected it's USB cable to my computer, opened the App, and then tried to turn ON it's wifi, it would never go to that mode.

The manual says, to turn ON wi-fi, the green light should be blinking in stand-by mode, and then press the Mode M button for 4 seconds for it to go to Wi-Fi. The blue light would blink, and then turn solid. It never does that when it is connected to my laptop.

Yeah, just figured that out. Now, no matter what password I give, it won't let me join.
I tired :

Nothing works. Sigh!
Spend whole day in between work, trying to get this thing to work >.<

Try unplugging your home AP or drive somewhere without Wi-Fi. I found out that X's Wi-Fi easily drowns in presence of other strong AP's.

Try unplugging your home AP or drive somewhere without Wi-Fi. I found out that X's Wi-Fi easily drowns in presence of other strong AP's.
So I found out that there's a wifi.conf file inside the SD card, and it has a line where you can edit the 'AP_PASSWD=' entry , and give a password. Once you do that, and save it, and put it back in the SD card, and start the camera, and then Turn ON it's Wi-Fi after pressing the Mode button for 4 seconds. And attempt to connect your' phone's Wi-Fi to the JooVuu X Wi-Fi with the new password, it will connect. So far so good.

BUT,

After I did the above steps, now connected to JooVuu X, I launch the JooVuu App on my phone, and then tried to connect. It won't. I'm like **** you,.. not again. The phones Wi-Fi is still connected to the JooVuu. But the App will not connect at all. :mad:. So I un-installed the goddamn app and then re-install it, and tthen tried to re-connect to the JooVuu Dashcam's Wi-Fi and then launched the application to connect, it still WONT. I mean, wtf is wrong with this crap. This is my second JooVuu, and I am just about sick of it. Sigh! Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything you or anyone else can do. The hardware seems decent but the App is crap. Only Dan (owner of JooVuu) can do something about this.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything you or anyone else can do. The hardware seems decent but the App is crap. Only Dan (owner of JooVuu) can do something about this.

He edited his website today so maybe he is in the background getting the firmware and apps sorted for the big comeback............ Or not

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T JooVuu 12
Crispman JooVuu 7
Back