I Bought A fake Off Amazon UK

SingingTurnip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings.

My first post and it's a complaint :( also, unsure as to where this post should go so thought that General is probably the best place.

I bought a dashcam from Amazon and the order was fulfilled by them, the seller is UKJerryShopping.

Here's the cam I bought: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00RFMFXGW
Mine came witha 32GB micros sd card whch seems to no longer be an option, anyway it was a great price, now I know why.

In short the quality of the video is not that great, the box it came in looked strange too and the format it saves in is .AVI and not .MOV like the box suggests, all of which you can see here:
Code:
http://imgur.com/a/Rdoju

I uploaded the images to imgur because I was getting an error uploading to here.

Here's a video recording from it that happened yesterday, ignore the date stamp it seems to have gone back 1 day for some reason...

I have contacted Amazon and they sent me the following response, order number removed.

Hello,

My name is Michael from the Customer Escalation Team and I've picked up your feedback.

Please allow me to apologise for the difficulties experienced with your order #XXXXX for the "Monkon Car DVR Recorder with Novatek 96220 Chip 2.7" Screen HD 1080P 120 Degree Wide Angle Night Vision G-Sensor Loop Recording Support HDMI/AV Output" purchased from the third party seller "ukjerryshopping".

Your order #XXXXXX was sold by a third party seller, ukjerryshopping, and was labelled ‘Fulfilled by Amazon’. Items labelled ‘Fulfilled by Amazon’ are sent to you directly from an Amazon fulfilment centre on behalf of Amazon Marketplace Sellers.

While we investigate the problems you experienced, the Monkon Car DVR Recorder with Novatek 96220 Chip 2.7" Screen HD 1080P 120 Degree Wide Angle Night Vision G-Sensor Loop Recording Support HDMI/AV Output will be unavailable for purchase from this seller and Amazon. However, you may be able to purchase it from a Marketplace Seller on our website.

Please be assured, the type of seller activity outlined in your correspondence isn't tolerated by Amazon. Any issues like those you've described are brought to the attention of the appropriate department within Amazon. This team deals with possible violations of our policies and ensures that appropriate actions are taken against sellers that fail to abide by the terms and conditions of the Participation Agreement. I have asked this department to thoroughly investigate the matter you've raised.

Please know that for account privacy reasons, we can't disclose the outcome of any investigation we may perform.

Since we're unable to replace any items sold by Fulfilled by Amazon Sellers, I've issued a full refund of GBP 32.99 to the payment card used for your order. Refunds usually go through within 2 to 3 business days and we’ll send you confirmation by e-mail when it's complete. Please note, this doesn't include your bank's processing time. You should see this credit on your next payment card statement.

Please return this item to us within 30 days.

I regret that you've found this shopping experience disappointing.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Michael G.
Amazon.co.uk
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

So, if people keep lists etc on these bad sellers then here's another for said list.

actually the listing specifies it's the 96220 version which is unusual as normally they try and pass this off as the better 96650 version, it's not fake as such, just the low end version, price is consistent with what you bought also, these are only 720p and will generally look better in that mode, I'd say you've done well though if you're getting a refund as really it's more of an uninformed purchase (you did get what you paid for) rather than a fake purchase

the boxes are just public packaging they buy, the specs rarely match

you're looking at a much better product now though, the Transcend is in a different class to what you had

Yeah I see the transcend is much better, I just wish I had seen this before - would've saved me all this headache lol.

Back