I definitely could use some help.

RudeMcNasty

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased LK-7900g Ara + 128SDXC memory card when I went to their website looking for Lucas view for Mac (El Capitan) it shows two different versions "Type" B and D which is the correct version for me? Same problem for software updates for the DVR. That problem is minor compared to the memory card, I can format it in the 7900 DVR the voice prompts suggest everything went fine but then when I put it in my laptop it will not recognize it Lucas viewer software both versions will not recognize it. I used SD formatter to reformat SDXC when finished the computer will recognize SDXC but the viewer software won't.

Last edited:
The B type is the normal viewer, while the D type is only for OBD2 enabled cameras.
You should use the B type.

As for the memory card thing.
Are any of the videos saving to your memory card?
Are you using a Lukas 128GB SD card?

I would suggest opening Disk Utility, and formatting the card by clicking on the erase button, then choose to erase in MS DOS (FAT). Once this is complete, you should be able to open the lukas viewer program, and format once again from there.
I just tested this on my Macbook Pro running OS X El Capitan 10.11.2

I opened up the viewer (B type) All the files are gray meeting I can see them I just can't click on anything. In my MacBook I can go through finder see/open up anything on the SD card. In the car nothing seemed out of the ordinary the voice prompts did not ask me to format when I put the chip in this afternoon after I followed your directions. Make sure the machine was off before removing SD chip, did not want to corrupt.

I restarted the laptop that didn't help me.

Hmm. That I do not know at the moment. It should allow you to play the videos from the viewer.

You are opening the memory card from the viewer right?

Through the viewer I tried to opened the files, no luck.

Sorry for the delay on this one.
Been crazy busy 24 hours.
What you do is copy the folders you want to view (like AlwaysMovie) to your computer, then from the Lukas viewer. find the folder and click open for the folder. So that the Lukas viewer is opening the entire folder and not individual files.
Put simply the lukas Viwer won't open individual files. It opens their folders.

Thank you for clarifying, again you help me big-time. The company really needs to spend some serious time & money on their software Interface, is there a third-party software that does a better job?

I transferred 28 GB of video from PNY 128 gigabyte memory chip folder "AlwaysMovie" to a folder on my iMac desktop then I tried watching the video through the viewer that is designed for Mac everything is light gray can't click on anything. I have formatted it on the computer and the car every indication says it went fine. Even 16 gig memory chip from Lukas behave the same way. What am I doing wrong? Does anybody know how to correct this?

So Just tested a lk-7900 out on my mac, and everything worked normally.
Made a quick video showing how to correctly load video files into the Lukas Viewer.

Your extra effort has paid off for me! Thank you so much, Merry Christmas.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M LK-7900 18
J LK-7900 9
R LK-7900 13
Back