I don't know what to do

stugots

Reaction score
Country
United States
Purchased the G1W with 32gb memory card from E-Prance on Amazon.

The first day of using went fine.
On the second day the internal battery no longer works, a red X is over the battery icon.
On the third day nothing works, it cycles on and off. It will not stay on for more than a second after the blue screen then it sort of flickers off. It continues this loop forever as if it isn't getting the correct power.

Bit of installation background-
I have it hard wired using an add a circuit fuse kit attached to a 12 volt cig lighter.

My first bit of diagnosis was to try hooking it up to my computer. To my surprise it works fine connected to my computer or a power outlet via a usb adapter.

I then figured it must be the power cord in the car. Using a cig usb adapter I connected it to my hard wired outlet. Still the same symptoms.

Well then it must be my wiring job.... Nope. I tried it in all my other power outlets in the car. No change, still cycling on and off.

I've yet to try a different car. Until then could someone offer some explanation or help. Thank you.

UPDATE:

Doesn't matter the car, still won't stay on. Brought back inside, to my surprise it now doesn't work hooked up to the computer or power outlet.

Returning now.

Still not sure what caused the battery failure/operating failure. Is there some type of voltage regulator built in that could go bad?

My G1W is chosey on the power source. Even with the ac adapter that comes with it. Currently I am using it with a Garmin cigaretter adapter.
if using other cig.adapter, the unit will go bonkers, like going on and off. Why don't you try another cig. adapter of better quality?

My G1W is chosey on the power source. Even with the ac adapter that comes with it. Currently I am using it with a Garmin cigaretter adapter.
if using other cig.adapter, the unit will go bonkers, like going on and off. Why don't you try another cig. adapter of better quality?
Thanks for the reply. I would've if I didn't drop it off at UPS yesterday.

I tried the usb cord supplied with it attached to both a power outlet and computer, I also tried a different usb-miniusb cord I had. I don't think a different cord would've done better. It worked fine for 2 days, also it seemed to work fine off usb as well until it did the same.

Very disappointed in my first dash cam. Now looking to spend a little more money for a quality cam..

Well I sent back my original G1W and ordered another from a different seller. SAME THING!!!! I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do. Do I try and order a better quality power cord? What if it does the same thing eventually? Ugh

Back