I figured out a way to remotely disable parking mode

Velvetfoot

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not a big thing, but it might make things easier for me.

I have an A119v3 in the front and back.
Parking mode is set for two hours duration.
If I want to turn parking mode off, even though only two hours, for whatever reason, (like I'm at home, two cams use twice as much juice as one, winter, etc), I have to push the power buttons on both units. The rear unit is on a hatch, but it's still a pain.
I just experimented with putting a switch on the constant power lead to the HK3.
So the sequence it: shut down car (ACC off), unit goes into parking mode, interrupt constant power until unit shuts down gracefully (not long), turn power back on, unit is ready to turn back on when ACC is sensed again.
I'm thinking maybe a momentary type switch would do, but the ability to cut power to both cams long term could be needed at some point (not so sure about this).

I'm waiting on a HK3 for the rear camera, and have to figure out the switch.
Two hours might never be a problem, but why drain the battery unnecessarily in the garage.

Indeed, never waste anything.
Though one often feel mankind have completely forgotten that.

It is pretty simple really, you also dont have to be the good husband all the time, but you better be the good husband at those right times, and thats a good thing otherwise being married would be exhausting.

I have a idea,,,, have all criminals fitted with a RFID tag, then the cameras would wake up and start recording when one is near,,,,,,,, though that might make parking in Washington DC a problem :ROFLMAO:

I've experimenting, and momentary disconnect of constant power when ACC is off is all that's needed; no wait until shutdown.

Me, I installed a switch on the red wire of the battery.
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG

Back