I got a dud - stick with the 750s or try something else?

DeclanM2

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I got my 750s 2ch this week and have subsequently spent probably 6+ hours troubleshooting and trying to get it to behave. I've have numerous problems including

- Wifi broadcasting for only 30 seconds to 2 minutes upon startup then shutting down.
- Camera power cycling every 2-4 minutes, losing footage / not recording in the process
- Getting stuck on start up sequence and not recording - this mixed with the above means the only way to get it record is to manually reset the device a number of times to finally get it through the boot sequence, only to find that it's rebooted at some point after that and gotten stuck along the way so there's no audible notification that it's now useless.
- The record button flashing but nothing actually recording
- Not getting GPS signal during the glimpses in time that it works correctly
- Cloud disconnecting and reconnecting every couple of minutes even when the device isn't continually power cycling

I've tried various troubleshooting from changing power sources, formatting the SD card a number of times, different settings etc.

I ended up replacing the SD card and was able to fix a couple of the above issues but the camera still gets stuck on startup. I successfully recorded 23 minutes of footage from 10hours of driving / parking today.

The whole process has left me really disappointed in Blackvue and I'm ready to runover the camera. In hindsight I should've sent it back earlier but I couldn't believe that the camera would be so faulty from factory and was convinced it was a firmware glitch or dodgy SD card.

My question is, should I get a replacement and hope these issues are a once off, or should I expect some of the above issues regardless, in which case I think i'd be better off getting a different camera.

The original card supplied with it, which had the most problems and a Sandisk High Endurance card which has been less problematic but it's still having the boot failure / power cycling issues just far less frequently.

Back