I got into a bad accident

MrCrayon

Reaction score
Hi there,

I got into a really bad accident. The last file on my memory card is damaged. It plays until a certain point then cuts out. Is there any software that you can recommend for me to run the video file through to try to fix it?

Camera used: Itronics 100HD
Memory card is a 32GB Kingston SDA10/32gb

Thanks folks!

Here's a picture of the wreck.

330h0k0.jpg

Sorry to hear you got into accident. Car looks really wrecked. Hope yourself is fine !

There are many file recovery softwares out there, but you can try RegistratorViewer to see if you will be able to fix file. It has special function / option to repair broken/damaged file.

http://www.registratorviewer.com/index_en.html

when I had a corrupt 64gig micro SD card (on a Mac) I used Disk Drill, and it recovered all my files from the card, My laptop and my cameras all wanted to re format the card, don’t know if it’ll retrieve corrupt files

Recuva to recover files.
If the recovered files are damaged, use AV repair.
Free one only does half repair so copy it in binary to make it twice long and you'll get full file repaired.

BTW, did the power cut off due to crash or the camera went flying and disconnected the power?

Looks pretty bad hit.

I'm lucky to be alive.

The camera seems to have stopped recording prior to the crash. The last video video is only 28mb in size, instead of the usual 40mb. Instead of being a 1 minute file, it is only 40 seconds long. I think the shock of the accident knocked the memory card loose and it couldn't save the last 10 seconds prior to the crash.

As far as I know, the camera was still connected to the power. I haven't been able to test my camera at home yet. Anyone know what kind of battery I would need to test it?

I'm lucky to be alive.

The camera seems to have stopped recording prior to the crash. The last video video is only 28mb in size, instead of the usual 40mb. Instead of being a 1 minute file, it is only 40 seconds long. I think the shock of the accident knocked the memory card loose and it couldn't save the last 10 seconds prior to the crash.

As far as I know, the camera was still connected to the power. I haven't been able to test my camera at home yet. Anyone know what kind of battery I would need to test it?

If your original cable not broken, Use cigarette adapter plug to outlet. It should work fine for testing.

61ba%2BMc%2Bx0L._SY355_.jpg

P.S. don't forget update your video recovery status. I want to know, what solution are work.

Last edited:
seeing the photo of your car, you/one has to thank (which ever god you believe, if any) that you were able to walk away from it. now you bring up a good point about the memory card might have got knocked on impact, and looking at the front of your car, what you suspect might be just what happened, not the loss of power to the DVR, but maybe the card got dislodged enough to lose connection and not able to save the last segment, thats one thing that never crossed my mind till you’ve just brought it up

I know this is too late, but when it's important to get footage off a dashcam we really need to be in the habit of write-protecting the card as a first step, i.e. put it in a SD adapter with the write-protect switch on.
Maybe this should be in a sticky of some sort. Maybe it already is, I haven't checked.

Maybe webcams should even come with a label advising this, it's hard to think straight right after an accident.

Slightly better will be remote unit / lens solution where dvr is hidden in more safer place.

I've never been involved in an accident after I installed a dashcam (*knock on wood*) but I don't think the card can be dislodged that easily with the impact.

Yes, they are so light that you'd need an awful lot of deceleration to generate enough force to get them out against the friction or catch holding them in. (F=ma)
You probably wouldn't survive such a collision.

It doesn't have to be out of the slot.
Maybe the jolt shook connections enough to corrupt the video.

It doesn't have to be out of the slot.
Maybe the jolt shook connections enough to corrupt the video.
This is more correct. There are more than one physics application applied to this camera.

How did the memory card end up partially out of the camera then? I didn't have to push it to click it out of position. I just pulled on it and it came out.

Are you ready for this?

Your hands are where they are at ten and two. Your air bag goes off. You right hand blows off the steering wheel as your head goes forward into the bag. Your hand extends outward toward the mirror and the cam. You hit the memory card with your hand and eject it from its slot.

Check the back of your hand. You should have a mark.

Back