I got my new Shadow RX300

Ran

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi all,

I very new to all the dashcams scene and i been reading this forum for the past
2 weeks (got to page 37 in general discussion ;)) and learn alot from you guys.

my was planing to buy the GT680W till i saw Niko's excellent review on the RX300
and been a sucker for new tech (bought the first windows 7 phone) i decided to
buy the RX300.

I ordered from Foxoffer and here i have to say a good word about their support
team, they are amazing!!!
They answer very fast evey little question i had and been very helpful, its rare
that kind of service online.

So... after a short use of this camera i have a few questions and 1 problem.

The problem, the little handle that release the camera from the mount just broke
on the first time i tried to release the camera from the car mount, i dont know if
its my problem or the car mount poor building but it just came off very easily.

Ok, to the questions:

1) why the camera stop recording every time i stop my car in a trafic light or just
stand with the engine on?

2)Is there a way to see the speed on the camera screen while recording just like it shows
on the RegistratorViewer ?

3)Im on Firmware is v2.3G any newer verion out there?

4)I can't make the car mount stick on the black dots behind the rear view mirror,
is there any sticker that i can stick on the black dots and the stick the car mount to
the sticker?

5)I noticed blue light inside the GPS module, what does it mean?

Iwill post some videos once they finish uploading to youtube.

1) why the camera stop recording every time i stop my car in a trafic light or just
stand with the engine on?

2)Is there a way to see the speed on the camera screen while recording just like it shows
on the RegistratorViewer ?

3)Im on Firmware is v2.3G any newer verion out there?

4)I can't make the car mount stick on the black dots behind the rear view mirror,
is there any sticker that i can stick on the black dots and the stick the car mount to
the sticker?

5)I noticed blue light inside the GPS module, what does it mean?

I'll try to answer some of your questions, but bear in mind even though this technology is nothing new to me, this camera is... I just received it yesterday :)

1.) jokiin answered that one and it seems like it solved your problem.
2.) Yes. Just turn ON GPS screensaver and after the period of time you set it to (1 or 3 minutes), screen with mph/kmph and the compass will kick in.
3.) I also have v2.3G and not too happy about it. I wonder if there is anything newer that fixed my issue with this camera that I posted about in this post: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/shadow-rx300.2764/page-5#post-47400
Quote: "...One funny thing I've noticed this morning... I've seen Niko talking about firmware v2.2G. I have 2.3G installed in this camera and the option Screen Rotation has only 2 possible options; ON and OFF. What the hell happened to AUTO? It looks like they removed it in this new firmware, so there is only manual screen rotation available..."
4.) Mine sticks pretty tight, but I guess it depends heavily on the material it's used in every and each specific car windshield for that shaded part. You can probably stick any sticker over it and have your suction cup mount stick to it. Here in Canada (and I believe pretty much anywhere in the World), you can buy letter size or A4 size transparent (blank) adhesive sheets. That would be almost invisible and it wouldn't ruin the looks of the shaded part of your windshield.
5.) I might be wrong, but blinking blue light should mean that GPS signal is acquired and the module is working fine. Red light on the other side means GPS Module is turned on.

Cheers!

Last edited:
thank you for your answers, i hope you enjoy this cam as i am. :)

update: foxoffer is sending me a new mount to the camera for FREE.

again, great support from them!

That is really great. I understand, if these cameras are so cheap (pricewise), mounts should not cost more than $10-15. I didn't have trouble with mine, but I believe every product has its "lemon" sometimes. They won't even feel it financially if they sent couple of those mounts for free from time to time.

Have a wonderful day my friend!
Greetings from Toronto!

Yes... and just to confirm, blinking blue led means GPS signal is acquired and working properly. You can take a look at the satellite icon on your LCD. When the icon is blinking, your blue LED on your GPS Module is steady. That means, it's trying to get the signal. Once blue LED starts blinking on your GPS Module, you'll notice that satellite icon on your camera LCD is not blinking any more. That means it caught the GPS signal.

You can take a look at the satellite icon on your LCD. When the icon is blinking, your blue LED on your GPS Module is steady. That means, it's trying to get the signal. Once blue LED starts blinking on your GPS Module, you'll notice that satellite icon on your camera LCD is not blinking any more. That means it caught the GPS signal.
Okay, thanks. But what does the orange/red LED means that are on the other side?

Okay, thanks. But what does the orange/red LED means that are on the other side?
That your camera is powered by any chance?

Back