I guess I have an A119S or what?

Newtsche

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered an A119 v2 from ebay.

It came with no packaging or documentation. Checking its firmware it shows "A119S_180730_V2.61".
Its serial number sticker shows S/N A119SV2xxxxxxxxxx.

Thinking I had an A119 V2, I've had zero luck updating the the firmware. Lots of info on how to do that, not happening.

I see no firmware at Viofo for the A119S, just a modded one in the A119S section. Any idea if my firmware is up to date, where to find updated Viofo
firmware if needed, and instructions if different from the A119?

To push my luck farther, how do the A119, A119 V2, and A119S differ?

FWIW my 3-4 year old A119, which I kept up to date back in the day shows a firmware of 4.xxxxx. As it has worked fine and be been useful, I've not
checked firmware for some time.

THANKS!!

Yes, I'm shouting. After yesterday thinking I had an A119 V2, yes I am.:D

BTW, if I can bother you all, what IS the difference between the A119, A119 V2 and A119S?

I was told the V2 would mount to my existing A119 GPS mount. The A119S does not as I found out.
Thankfully the unit I bought had its correct GPS mount.

So there's a slight physical difference between the A119 and A119 V2 and an A119S. Firmware/performance differences?
My older existing A119 offers higher resolution than the S for one. Maybe due to some mod I upgraded to 3 or 4 years ago, I dunno.

A119 V2 has a revised mount, won't work with the old one, the A119S is different sensor, IMX291

Thanks again. The "new" S is configured, up and running. Good to go. :)

BTW, if I can bother you all, what IS the difference between the A119, A119 V2 and A119S?
The S should do better in the dark, it has a more sensitive Sony Starvis sensor in it, which is also the reason for the lower resolution as a tradeoff. Otherwise there is not much difference other than the updated mount compared to the original.

Back