I had a close call!

Maddog1974

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U3000 2ch, T700 Front & Internal IR
Luckily i'm fine and the other driver is fully legal so it's being sorted via insurance now.

Thinkware Q800 Front Footage

And interior camera (Non Thinkware) (No modelling agencies please :p)

I think we should have a lot more flowers about the place - very effective at limiting accident damage :)

What sort of vehicle are you driving? Don't remember seeing seats like those before...

Have you thought about sending a copy of the video to the police?

Some drivers should be removed from our roads, and your insurance claim isn't going to do that... I think the other driver at least deserves a few points on their license...

It was my loved early 2016 Smart ForTwo!

Have you thought about sending a copy of the video to the police?

Some drivers should be removed from our roads, and your insurance claim isn't going to do that... I think the other driver at least deserves a few points on their license...
I do get your point but i haven't done and don't plan too. He was in an unfamiliar area, stopped & was polite. It was a silly move, if i had not been there i don't think the Range Rover would have made the turn without knocking over the plastic sign but i do believe it was a moment of stupidity and genuine accident.

I do get your point but i haven't done and don't plan too. He was in an unfamiliar area, stopped & was polite. It was a silly move, if i had not been there i don't think the Range Rover would have made the turn without knocking over the plastic sign but i do believe it was a moment of stupidity and genuine accident.
I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but maybe he has done similar 10 times before? If these things are never reported to the police then they never get sorted and someone may be killed, when you drive a large heavy vehicle you need to take extra care which he clearly wasn't.

So I think I would leave it to the police to decide if it warrants any action, they may just send him on a driving course, or they may look at his record, see that he is already on 10 points for careless driving, and has previously killed someone and is on a suspended sentence and thus send him to jail.

Presumably there was no damage to his vehicle? So gets away free...

going to need a rim and a wheel alignment at least going by the way he bounced off it

did well to push the garden bed that far with a Smart car
Range Rovers are designed to go off-road and hit rocks etc!

Smart cars are pretty tough too, didn't even roll:

no vehicle is designed to take a hit to the wheel in that direction. i'd be surprised if the wheel/suspension was the only damage to that rover.

My Smart Car is a total loss, been looking at a replacement at the weekend. Just waiting for the insurance money!

They said Bent Suspension & Sub frame on the passenger side.

My Smart Car is a total loss, been looking at a replacement at the weekend. Just waiting for the insurance money!

They said Bent Suspension & Sub frame on the passenger side.
Do you know how damaged the Range Rover was?

With so little crumple zone on a Smart Car it is easy to damage the more valuable bits, a bigger car would probably have been fixed.

Back