I hate yi 4k+ and yi 4k.

iseeu1001

Country
United States
I thought it would be fixed when I got the yi 4k+ but when the camera gets hot my video stops recording and it said it needs to be cooled down. Which makes no sense because I bought the yi 4k+ for a reason is to use as a mutli cam and I had a yi 4k but I though the heating issue would be fixed. Whats the point in having a 4k+ cam if you can't even use as a dash cam. I like that it is mini+everything and that I can use mounts like a gopro to put it anywhere but I don't like it that it has an over heating problem just like the yi 4k. I feel like I wasted almost $500 buying the 2. Should have just gotten a proper dash cam... Anyone know of a good dash cam under $100 that is good enough and has a clear picture at night also. I drive for a living so having a good clear picture will be a +.

And yes before you tell me I do take out the battery and run the camera via cable in car.

Last edited:

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
if you're using it as a dashcam then I wouldn't reasonably expect it to work for that, the in car environment is too harsh for it to work for extended periods

OP
OP
I

iseeu1001

Country
United States
That was one of the main purpose I bought it for though :( and now its not refundable because I have had it since 35 days.

EDIT:
Is this any good? I like it that it has a hidden camera inside the mirror itself which is strange but good for backwards shots to.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XT6C92C

Last edited:

kamkar1

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
Many seem to go for action cameras for use as dashcams, i wonder where that come from cuz i cant say i can recall anyone recommending the use of a action camera as dashcam.

Matt_V939

Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Dash Cam
Mobius1&Mini,ViofoA118C+A119V2,(Fake)DODL500, YI,GP3,808#23
My take is that they are mostly attracted by resolution *(4k, 60p..)

OP
OP
I

iseeu1001

Country
United States
Yes I want the 4K 60fps that most dash cams can’t do. You 4K+ says I can do a dash cam with battery out which is a fail due to overheating.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There’s no reason for not supporting 4K
of course there are reasons or the market would be there already, 4k60 is very demanding, not as big an issue for a sport cam application where the duration needed is most often quite short but go doing multiple hours of recording and there's all sorts of issues, low light results are not there with current technology either

Leo_SF

Country
United States
I have experimented with using Yi 4k+ plus as a dashcam. I live in a moderate climate of Bay Area CA USA so very warm temperatures are usually not a problem. The camera far outperforms Mini 0806/Mobius 2 and even REXSO Explorer K(which is also stabilized 4k@30fps. You don't need a whole lot to mount. You can use black double sticky tape if you want with some wedges.

I do not know why Yi 4k+ does not have a car mode. Explorer K has a 'car mode' which auto turns off/on (with auto record/stop) and loop whenever it detects power or stops detecting power. It is so easy to make that option. I don't know why it i such a novel concept. I paid 210$ for it which is not that much more for than most other good dash cams 100-150$. Street Guardian is around 200$.