I have been thinking

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Witch isent allways a good thing :D

1. i have notised some actioncams witch can do 1080p - 60 FPS trottle the FPS Down automatically when the light is low, i guess this too will be the case for dashcams since they are often based on same chipset. ?

2. i have notised some ( if not all ) dual FHD cam setups use a SD Card in each camera, to me this seem stupid as i would prefer 1 SD Card ( or simmilar ) in 1 place, either the front camera or in a seperate DVR headunit. ?

All my thinking have lead me to believe that i will have no good excuse to "upgrade" the AV capabilities of my car, as i dont think 2014 dashcams will yeald better night or daytime footage compared to my lukas.

Okay maybe a Little as i have just ordered a mobius @JooVuu in the UK ( hope they remember the overprize i payed for my C1 ) ;)

Last edited:
Witch isent allways a good thing :D

1. i have notised some actioncams witch can do 1080p - 60 FPS trottle the FPS Down automatically when the light is low, i guess this too will be the case for dashcams since they are often based on same chipset. ?

2. i have notised some ( if not all ) dual FHD cam setups use a SD Card in each camera, to me this seem stupid as i would prefer 1 SD Card ( or simmilar ) in 1 place, either the front camera or in a seperate DVR headunit. ?

All my thinking have lead me to believe that i will have no good excuse to "upgrade" the AV capabilities of my car, as i dont think 2014 dashcams will yeald better night or daytime footage compared to my lukas.

Okay maybe a Little as i have just ordered a morbius @JooVuu in the UK ( hope they remember the overprize i payed for my C1 ) ;)
I am also debating a rear cam - I'm fortunate in that a drive a small SUV that has addition 12v outlets in the back - but I am wondering what to get for a rear cam. Was thinking the new Mini 0801 with the A7 processor when it comes out (hopefully shortly).

The reason i would like just 1 SD Card is that i have it out of the car often, and i would dislike to have to go a round my car to collect SD Cards.
Especially micro SD Cards witch i think is mutch harder to get a hold on compared to regular sized SD Cards.

The reason i would like just 1 SD Card is that i have it out of the car often, and i would dislike to have to go a round my car to collect SD Cards.
Especially micro SD Cards witch i think is mutch harder to get a hold on compared to regular sized SD Cards.
That's what I like about WiFi cams - much less need to extract SD cards on a regular basis. By the way, on that point (and this may not be the correct thread to ask this question) - how do people properly aim those cams like the C1 and Mobius that have no screen and no WiFi?

I just eyeball mine, and then give it a twist the next time i drive if needed, my lukas is slightly off as i can see 3-5 cm more of my A piller to the right.
But that is good enuff for me, i could even make do with a 90 degree lens in the front camera.

I like things to be in perfect order, but i allso pick my fights ;) and i am mostly intrested in what happen in front of my car and not off to the sides.

I just eyeball mine, and then give it a twist the next time i drive if needed, my lukas is slightly off as i can see 3-5 cm more of my A piller to the right.
But that is good enuff for me, i could even make do with a 90 degree lens in the front camera.

I like things to be in perfect order, but i allso pick my fights ;) and i am mostly intrested in what happen in front of my car and not off to the sides.
I thought a front view was plenty, until recent. So many WTF are they thinking moments behind me lately, I am getting a rear cam as well. I'm just waiting to see the new exciting ones to come out. @jokiin any recommendations on new upcoming cams? ;)

I thought a front view was plenty, until recent. So many WTF are they thinking moments behind me lately, I am getting a rear cam as well. I'm just waiting to see the new exciting ones to come out. @jokiin any recommendations on new upcoming cams? ;)
I agree - I had originally thought that a rear cam was overkill, but now I want one just to have a more 'complete' record of events, and also for more complete parking mode protection, if possible...

I'm seriously considering the G1W in my front screen and using my F70 to cover rear & driver side. I seem to be coming across more and more drivers hurtling around smallish roundabouts without indicating - you assume they are going straight ahead (since they aren't indicating otherwise) but just as you begin to move, you realise they are coming round... one of these days...

Those tiny cards r almost impossible to grab. Just think if u ever dropped one on the carpet. Just like I do w/ my still camera, I plug the entire cam into the puter via it's USB cord. Seems easier.

........snip...... how do people properly aim those cams like the C1 and Mobius that have no screen and no WiFi?

I make that point about my Finevu Pros in my 2 Finevu DCs p/car + 4 cars....... thread. Their shape allows aiming easily.

Those tiny cards r almost impossible to grab. Just think if u ever dropped one on the carpet.
One time I pushed in on the card and my finger slipped off. the tiny card shot into the back seat at night hahaha
That Mobius has a quite powerful spring

yeah that SD Card launch thing i allso annoying for me, my C1 shot my Card from the rear window clear thru the car, and those Little Things are damm hard to find Again.

I have now put a Little tongue on mine, made with tape it make the micro SD more easy to handle, just use thin tape as it otherwise will be hard to get into the device.

Back