I just hardwire my A129 Pro Duo; I had some questions

mikebjammin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

Today I hardwired my A129 Pro Duo using the Viofo hardwiring kit. So far everything has been going well, however, I had a few quick questions.

1. What size fuse should you use? I used a 5 amp fuse and I just wanted to make sure that it was okay.
2. What is the average amp draw per hour?
3. I turned off parking mode, however, I noticed that the camera was still on (i.e., obviously as I have it hard wired). Since I have parking mode off, is there still an amp draw and if so about how much? Would I be better off just turning off the camera and unplugging it when I am in places where I do not want parking mode on?

I appreciate any replies!

Last edited:
Hello,

Today I hardwired my A129 Pro Duo using the Viofo handwriting kit. So far everything has been going well, however, I had a few quick questions.

1. What size fuse should you use? I used a 5 amp fuse and I just wanted to make sure that it was okay.
2. What is the average amp draw per hour?
3. I turned off parking mode, however, I noticed that the camera was still on (i.e., obviously as I have it hard wired). Since I have parking mode off, is there still an amp draw and if so about how much? Would I be better off just turning off the camera and unplugging it when I am in places where I do not want parking mode on?

I appreciate any replies!
1. 5 amp fuse is perfect :)
2. About 0.3 amps at 12 volts.
3. With parking mode set off, it should turn off and use almost zero power when you turn the ignition off. After plugging it in, you will need to turn the ignition on before you can turn it off and thus get to the parked state. When parking mode is turned on and it is in parking mode it will use a little less power than in normal mode, but not a lot less.

Note that you can use the power button (long press of the menu button) to override the parking mode setting.

1. 5 amp fuse is perfect :)
2. About 0.3 amps at 12 volts.
3. With parking mode set off, it should turn off and use almost zero power when you turn the ignition off. After plugging it in, you will need to turn the ignition on before you can turn it off and thus get to the parked state. When parking mode is turned on and it is in parking mode it will use a little less power than in normal mode, but not a lot less.

Note that you can use the power button (long press of the menu button) to override the parking mode setting.

Thank you for your reply!

I tried turning my car on and off and the camera was still recording even with parking mode turned off. Does it take some time to turn off?

Also, I found this article:

Does the A129 have a "low-voltage cutoff" mode? I guess I'm just paranoid I'm going to prematurely "kill" my car's battery.

Which hardwire kit are you using? I was assuming the HK3, 3 wire kit...

Then the hardwire kit has the low voltage cutoff, and you can set the voltage via the switch on it, once off it will use zero power.

I think, depending on which firmware you have, there may be a delay before entering parking mode/turning off. Not completely sure in what conditions that happens though...

Then the hardwire kit has the low voltage cutoff, and you can set the voltage via the switch on it, once off it will use zero power.

I think, depending on which firmware you have, there may be a delay before entering parking mode/turning off. Not completely sure in what conditions that happens though...

Excellent! This was all confusing at first thank you for clearing this up!

Back