I Killed an 'Alligator' Today

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
Alligators* in the roadway are dangerous.

*Alligator: Truckers' lingo; long strip of tire tread left behind after a blowout, usually a recapped tire.

Fortunately no damage done other than the front passenger side fender liner has a bit of a dent in it.

The exact same scenario happened to me. I was changing lanes and looking over my shoulder. But I am a more advanced driver :LOL: or maybe just luckier

Last edited:
Did the same with a cat hit by traffic last week, had to stop and finish it off as it was not dead yet ( something the guy hitting the poor animal should have done )
NOT ! sharing video of that though in the distance it would probably be on one of my rear cameras, but really stuff like that should be of little interest of sane people.

But still a man got to do what a man have to do, sadly the world are in short supply of that kind of men :rolleyes: it was not fun and i took no pleasure from doing it, but IMO it had to be done so i did it.

PS. i am not sure i always are that kind of man, like most i think i have my good and bad moments, the challenge really is one of timing and frequency.

Back