I messed up, I bricked my camera.

SOLOSOLDIER

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was trying to update the firmware on my B1W camera, but right after I plugged the camera in, I thought it wasn't doing the update so I took the card out. Now I know that I should not have done that. I think I took the card out during the middle of the update. Now, when I plug it in, the light comes on, but nothing happens. I can't connect to it and I can't make it do the update again. How can I reset it or fix it?

format the card and put the firmware file back on it, then put back in the cam and power it again? that's what I'd do at least, and just wait to see if it starts and finishes installing?

Most (but not all) dash cams have a reset button. It will be a little hole you can stick the end of a paper clip in. If the B1W has one, try that when the camera is plugged into a power source and see if anything happens. If you can get it to boot up or power up try @DashcamDPR's suggestion again.

I was trying to update the firmware on my B1W camera, but right after I plugged the camera in, I thought it wasn't doing the update so I took the card out. Now I know that I should not have done that. I think I took the card out during the middle of the update. Now, when I plug it in, the light comes on, but nothing happens. I can't connect to it and I can't make it do the update again. How can I reset it or fix it?
PM you this reset firmware already, please check your inbox message!

I think @estore009 has sent one member the .elf file needed to get his bricked cam going again. Perhaps that will work here too.

Phil

Most (but not all) dash cams have a reset button. It will be a little hole you can stick the end of a paper clip in. If the B1W has one, try that when the camera is plugged into a power source and see if anything happens. If you can get it to boot up or power up try @DashcamDPR's suggestion again.
B1W has no reset hole. The user can tag me for this reset firmware if camera bricked!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R B1W 10
Z B1W 9
N B1W 2
avladimir B1W 114
Back