I need a new laptop to view 1080p from my 412GW

Joe Peddos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My laptop is pretty ancient (at least 6 to 7 yrs old) and i would like a new one that I can view 1080p @ 60fps from my 412GW as at the moment my laptop can only cope with 720p. Can anyone suggest a laptop that would be suitable or what I should be looking for. Joe

What processor/graphics card is on your current computer?

Try updating the codecs on your current laptop first: http://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Even a 6 year old laptop should handle 1080 30fps with no issues and I would expect 1080 60fps to be acceptable even if not 100% smooth.

What processor/graphics card is on your current computer?

Hi Tiffany the Processor is an Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400 @2.16GHz (2CPUs) ~2.2GHz and the Graphics card is a Mobile intel 4 series express chip set family (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1) I hope I have got the right info for the Graphics card it was under Device manager>display adaptors>Chip set Joe

Whilst that will struggle with the Replay 3 program but how do they play in say VLC?

Whilst that will struggle with the Replay 3 program but how do they play in say VLC?

Hi Tiffany found 1080p stuttered now and again using VLC but by clicking directly on the Nextbase files they opened up in Film and TV and ran really well with no stuttering. As suggested by Nigel I used his link to update the Codecs onto the laptop as well so this may have made a difference as well so for the moment will save my pennies buying a new laptop :) Joe

I find the Firefox browser to be my best viewer. Seems smoother than VLC and has reduced pixelation of the grey road just above the wipers that VLC often produces.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E 412GW 1
Back