I need an idiot's guide to installing my DR550GW power supply ..

Anthony566

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shinny new DR550GW sitting in its box all ready to go it been upgraded to V2 FW and tested loose in my car so I now want to install the thing ... I have an A4 Saloon and I am ok with mounting and running the cable through the head liner to the rear camera the area I would like help with is running power to the unit, I have a power magic pro and I am removing the cigarette lighter connections for a pair of male/female connectors and am planning on mounting the Pro box in my glove compartment and tapping into the fuse box that is to the left of the glove compartment and this is were are need the help .... which cables do I use and how do I install a fuse in the box to connect the pro box/camera to ??

I would look into a "fuse tap". Then tap into the aux 12v power port's fuse slot.

Its not rocket science. It tells you on the sheet of instructions Black is earth the other two colors go to Permanent power and Aux Power. Cant remember which is which as away on holiday in USA

Check the fuses for two that are as above an d put an addafuse in each . DONT USE AIRBAG FUSES

Connect the two other wires to the correct wires to the PM Plug ciggy plug into the socket and you are away. You don't need extra fuses as there is in in the ciggy plug.

If you aren't wanting parking mode you don't need the PM anyway

I would look into a "fuse tap". Then tap into the aux 12v power port's fuse slot.

You need both perm and Aux power for a Power Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back