I need CPL on Mini 0805, it is unbearable without a CPL!

Murat

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi guys,
I bought it for $80 usd, a lot cheaper than same-chipset 0806 with cpl filter option. But now I realize not having a CPL unacceptable.

I was using a cpl mounting mod shown on this forum for my previous oem LS300W camera and it was working great.

I bought mini 0805 because I wanted a new tiny ambarella camera (video quality is still crappy compared to my novatek ls300w camera!). I regret this decision now but I don't want to mount my old camera either.

Anybody have any ideas how I can mount 37mm cpl filter with some kind of holder infront of 0805
Thanks.

There's a thread in the DIY section about CPL mod for the 0801, this will work for yours and also allow a better CPL than what's used with the 0806

Do you know the OD of the raised plastic ring around the lens?

Last edited:
I buyed a CPL filter for Mini 0806 and installed on my Mini 0805 using thin self adhesive band on the filter ring
I recorded a short video when I installed CPL filter, here is the before and after result:

With CPL filter installed I noticed that video details are reduced in low light.

Hey, I also bought CPL filter for my 0805. It is significant difference, I like the change. I have this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/381099183169 from Ebay. I used a glue to put CPL filter on.
4VSIirg.jpg

I had to grind appx. 1mm from CPL ring because I had black corners on the video, but now everything is fine.

F16Y4NG.jpg

In my previous post i mentioned that i fitted a CPL filter to my Mini 0805, by sticking with double side adhesive band. But when light condition are not satisfactory camera is filming better without CPL filter.
So, when my son played with some magnets, i had an idea! After hard negotiations with my kid, i convinced him to give up to a magnetic sticker which had the strongest magnetic field from his collection.
I peeled printed paper and leaved just the magnetic foil. This had was about 0.4 mm thick. Then I cut a "donut shape" ring, 26 mm outer diameter by 19 mm inner diameter, added thin double side adhesive band to non magnetic side, sticked around the lens and now i can freely rotate the lens or remove it when necessary. Enjoy pictures!

Magnetic ring sticked
Mini 0805 magnetic sticker.jpg

Metallic CPL filter over magnetic ring
Mini 0805 CPL mounted.jpg

CPL filter doesn't fall
Mini 0805 CPL lens down.jpg

Back