I need help identifying this 1296P GPS dash cam please

The Viofo A119 might be a suitable replacement, most of the other normal recommendations are lower resolution, fine for European license plates but maybe not for you. It costs a little more but will last a lot longer than the cheaper battery based dashcams so is a worthwhile investment.

The Viofo A119 might be a suitable replacement, most of the other normal recommendations are lower resolution, fine for European license plates but maybe not for you. It costs a little more but will last a lot longer than the cheaper battery based dashcams so is a worthwhile investment.

Yes this, or the perhaps the A119S if your needs are more weighted toward night-time performance. Both are still being developed for better vid quality and have lots of modified firmware available to 'tweak' your cam into more closely matching it to your specific desires. Very good value with these, and IMHO the best 'bang-for-your-buck' in dashcams today.

Phil

I'm leaning towards the Viofo A119S because I want the Sony image sensor, f1.6 apeture lens and the better night performance. I'm going to get the added GPS mount and a CPL filter. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on buying one.

It's a close race between the A119 and the A119/S. On stock firmware A119 will have clearer vids day and maybe night, but the /S gets details (like plate numbers) better at night even though the overall vid clarity is a bit less. It's a tough choice to make between these and only you can decide which to go with.

Phil

It's a close race between the A119 and the A119/S. On stock firmware A119 will have clearer vids day and maybe night, but the /S gets details (like plate numbers) better at night even though the overall vid clarity is a bit less. It's a tough choice to make between these and only you can decide which to go with.

Phil

You're right. It's a very tough call between the A119 V2 and the A119S V2. I think this comparison video of the A119/A119S/ and the A119 Pro is what has me sold on the A119S V2

It's done. I just bought the Viofo A119S V2 with included GPS mount. This is from a very reputable eBay seller. Prior to purchasing, I verified it is brand new... not a open box item...not refurbished. The seller had 6 available for purchase. They answered me back saying they get these straight from the factory, and they will update the firmware to the latest version prior to shipping it out to me... which is free first class shipping. I paid $86.95 with the free shipping. Again, this includes the latest firmware updated and installed, and the GPS mount. I then bought the CPL filter on eBay from another reputable seller for $12.99 with free first class shipping. So total for a Viofo A119S with GPS and the CPL filter was $99.94

Last edited:
This camera has been returned. Just waiting a few more days for it to arrive back to the seller so I can get my refund. Just wanted to say this camera had NO left or right adjustment. We were speculating whether it did or not. I and some others thought maybe it did, but negative. Just the usual up and down adjustment capability.

Back