I need help identifying this 1296P GPS dash cam please

Rick Needham

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119S, Old Shark 1080P, G1W-B (dead), Elecwave EW-D200
Hi all. This is my first post on this forum. I need help in hopefully identifying this 1296P GPS dash cam. I bought it like four days ago from a
seller on eBay and I am still awaiting for it to arrive. Hoping someone here recognizes these pics, and knows if I've bought a halfway decent
dash cam or not. It's of course listed as: Unbranded. Here is the exact description form the eBay page and just the most important pics.

Features:Up and down rotation angle: 75 degreeRotate the left and light angles: 135 degree1296P Super HD high definition resolution.Advanced H.264 video compression technology.1.5 inch HD LCD display screen, can view while recording. Support maximum 128GB TF card memory storage ( not included ).Support Night Vision, GPS Track, Motion Detection, G-sensor Gravity Detection, Digital Zoom, Time-lapse Record.Super small size, high resolution and super wide-angle lens’ perfect designed display screen make it more convenient to shoot videos or take photos with multi-angle and high resolution under various situations.Description:Built-in 1/3" CMOS with low noisiness and high image quality enable it to capture super clear picture under low light conditionsBuilt-in lithium battery enables to shoot video while charging the battery.Support high-capacity TF CardSupport HDMI high quality video transmission.G-sensor to keep the record of sensor data in an emergency cannot be covered ( optional ).Equipped with special car fixed sucker, easy to fix and use.Specifications:Model: X7 Material: plasticColor: blackDash Camera Size: 70.5*43.5*30.5MMMount bracket size: 44*32*44.5MMChipset: A7L50 Display screen: 1.5 inch HD TFT Lens Visual angle: Wide angle 135 degree Sensor: OV4689 Lens Pixel: 1/3" color CMOS 4 MegaPixel (2688*1520) Image Sensor Video resolution and transfer rate: 2304X1296P@30FPS, 2560X1080P@30FPS, 1920X1080P@45FPS,1280X720P@60FPS Photo size: 13M(4800X2700 16:9), 9M(4000X2550 16:9) 4M(2688X1512 16:9) Lens optical parameter: 7G(6G+IR), F1.8, f2.8mm Capacity of memory card: 2G-128GB(MAX) card A and card B,≥TF-Class 6 Double card loop recording: card A and card B automatic cycle video CPL(Circular-Polarizing Filter): Filtering the reflected light, not of metal GPS track: Support Time-lapse Record: Support Motion detection: Support G-sensor Gravity Detection: Support Locking file protection: Support Video Protection, prevent overwrite important video ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistant System): FCWS and LDWS include WDR(Wide Dynamic Range): Support Video format: MOV Video compression format: H.264 Picture format: JPG MIC and Speaker: YES HDMI interface: Support USB interface: MICRO USB 2.0 Digital Zoom: Support USB Disk function: Support Language: Support multinational languages Battery Capacity: 3.7V Li-polymer Battery 200mAh Store temperature: -20℃+80℃ Operate temperature: -10℃+65℃ Operate humidity: 15%-80%RH Package included: 1 x Dash camera1 x Mount bracket 1 x 16G Memory card 1 x Cleaning cloth1 x Car charger cable1 x USB cable1 x Manual1bag x Mount Parts
s-l1604.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1602.jpgs-l1601.jpgs-l1603.jpg:

Judging by the packaging it look like a camera made at MEG technologies, my 0906 came in a similar looking black box with red line on it.
And MEG do sell their camera to other and let them print their own brand on them if they like.

It's clearly not a 4K camera as one picture depicts. Also, conflicting between 150 and 135 degree wide angle lens. Thank you kamkar1 for your time to reply :) Do you think this might be a halfway decent dash cam though?

It's not a great camera since it has a battery, so will only last 1-2 years depending on how hot your temperatures are.

Also, if it really is a f2.8 lens then the dark performance will be far from great.

I guess it will be OK during daylight hours though, it is a reasonable sensor.

Thats true the OV4689 sensor are not 4K it only have half of that resolution ( 4 megapixel as i recall )
The OV 4689 area old sensor but it can be tweaked to preform pretty well, but sadly that are most often done by modders.

Given that you have probably not paid over the moon for the camera i think you will be good getting your feet wet with this camera, some day you might be addicted like some of us and before you know you have 6 cameras in the car.
Do remember the dashcam rule of thumb, no dashcam are set and forget, you need to look over the footage now and then ( every month or two ) and see if your drive sessions start and stop in places you can recognize.
If you are like me you will find you often do the same drives over and over, so in my case start/ stop locations are where i live - where my friend live - where my mother live - where my sister live and where i do my shopping.

This don't mean you should playback every file in its entirety, just that they can launch on your computer with whatever software you use, personally i use windows 10 build in media player.
I then focus on first and last files in drive sessions and if they can launch and its a place i can accept as a start ot stop place, and finish up with some random files, and this take me less than 10 minuted to do a 128 GB memory card.

You wont believe how many times someone come in here and write " i put a dashcam costing 20 dollars with a 20 dollar no name memory card in my car 3 years ago, and now i have had a accident and i find out it have not recorded anything since September last year"

In general you get what you pay for, but there are still good and cheap cameras out there, but it is also a jungle of cameras that are not worth it.

It's not a great camera since it has a battery, so will only last 1-2 years depending on how hot your temperatures are.

Also, if it really is a f2.8 lens then the dark performance will be far from great.

I guess it will be OK during daylight hours though, it is a reasonable sensor.

I live in Upstate New York. This is not a hot climate location. I believe it's a F1.8 lens? Or an F1.8 aperture?

This is not my first dash cam purchase, but my 4th. Before this purchase, I had purchased a Vetomile V2 2.5K 1440P GPS dash cam. I returned it because I felt it didn't live up to its description. Here is a video I just uploaded to my YouTube channel of some of the Vetomile V2's best performance.

You might be right with the 1.8, would be easier to read the writing around the lens if they hadn't printed it upside down!

What I'm wondering is, has anyone here seen this particular case design before? I have not...anywhere!! Also, it has a mounting bracket design which I also have never seen anywhere!! In it's badly worded description, I believe it's trying to say that other than the up/down rotation of the mounting bracket, it also incorporates rotation both to the left and to the right. Don't adhesive type mounts such as this NOT include such a feature as being able to rotate the camera to the left and to the right??

What I'm wondering is, has anyone here seen this particular case design before? I have not...anywhere!! Also, it has a mounting bracket design which I also have never seen anywhere!! In it's badly worded description, I believe it's trying to say that other than the up/down rotation of the mounting bracket, it also incorporates rotation both to the left and to the right. Don't adhesive type mounts such as this NOT include such a feature as being able to rotate the camera to the left and to the right??
Looks like the vertical cylinder bit rotates around the vertical axis to give the left-right rotation. Not really very useful so most dashcams don't bother, especially if it is only 150° range total since that wont allow rotating to point at the drivers door window. Most people prefer a solid mount that can't vibrate.

You will have to post a review of it once you have done some testing!
I'm guessing it is a fairly cheap camera? Expensive ones should not use lithium batteries, so that they will last a few years and end up good value.

One of my hobbies is building and launching model rockets. It's very helpful capturing the beginning of launches on my car dash cam. So being able to fine tune the camera's angle and position is nice to have once I have setup my launch pad, etc. a short distance away from my car on the launch field. But I am with you as well...I too prefer a solid as possible mount that does not vibrate!

In hopes of not being laughed at by too many here, I will say I did not pay a high amount of money, nor did I pay a small amount either. I paid $54.99 US dollars for this unidentified dash cam. That price includes free economy shipping...everything pictured...and an included free 16 GB memory card (no name I would imagine).

One of my hobbies is building and launching model rockets. It's very helpful capturing the beginning of launches on my car dash cam. So being able to fine tune the camera's angle and position is nice to have once I have setup my launch pad, etc. a short distance away from my car on the launch field. But I am with you as well...I too prefer a solid as possible mount that does not vibrate!

In hopes of not being laughed at by too many here, I will say I did not pay a high amount of money, nor did I pay a small amount either. I paid $54.99 US dollars for this unidentified dash cam. That price includes free economy shipping...everything pictured...and an included free 16 GB memory card (no name I would imagine).
That seems a reasonable price for a mini 0806 based dashcam that is still using a battery, the hardware spec does match the 0806, even down to the dual memory card sockets which almost nothing else has.

Use it in the 2560X1080P@30FPS mode and the results should be quite reasonable, the original 0806 was pretty good when upgraded with 24Mbps firmware, could get a bit pixelated at the standard bitrate, hopefully it has a more modern lens.

Post some framegrabs when you test it out...

That seems a reasonable price for a mini 0806 based dashcam that is still using a battery, the hardware spec does match the 0806, even down to the dual memory card sockets which almost nothing else has.

Use it in the 2560X1080P@30FPS mode and the results should be quite reasonable, the original 0806 was pretty good when upgraded with 24Mbps firmware, could get a bit pixelated at the standard bitrate, hopefully it has a more modern lens.

Post some framegrabs when you test it out...

Yes, I will post frames. And I will post some test drive videos as well.

I think this is based on a mini 0806 dash cam. The three lights off to the left side of the screen are there, just more attractively concealed IMO. The 1.5" screen is still inset some within the case, but I like how they have added in a clear plastic (?) screen above the screen. I'm sure as added protection..and ease of wiping clean. The three navigation buttons are still there to the right of the screen. Just presented a little differently. I like the looks and the styling of this dash cam casing much more than that of the mini 0806. Here are a few more pictures I never attached initially. s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (4).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Does it really come with 2x 4GB memory cards? :ROFLMAO:

I recommend just using 1 big card, the 2 card system never worked very well.

It comes with a 16 GB memory included...so that one picture is clearly wrong ;)

I should have it in tomorrow's mail delivery with a little bit of luck. If not, then by Saturday.

Mystery somewhat solved. I searched Google typing in "mini X7 car dash cam". I then made some progress. Seems these were sold on the AliExpress website. Manufacturer listed is: Sunnyway2016 Technology Co., Ltd. The listing is still there, but says "Unfortunately this product is no longer available!" It's a Blueskysea DL-X7 Dash Cam. The mount does NOT allow for left to right angle rotation...not that I could discern from these additional images. HTB1Ai3JRVXXXXb0XVXXq6xXFXXX7.jpgHTB1b8U8RVXXXXaaXpXXq6xXFXXXU.jpgHTB1b9QMRVXXXXcXXVXXq6xXFXXXM (1).jpgHTB1d0sKRVXXXXXXaXXXq6xXFXXXg.jpgHTB1kJ39RVXXXXa0XpXXq6xXFXXXG.jpgHTB1Of7.RVXXXXX6XpXXq6xXFXXXR.jpgHTB1ruc9RVXXXXa6XpXXq6xXFXXX6.jpgHTB12I7xRVXXXXaiapXXq6xXFXXXd.jpgHTB1pbdeSXXXXXbjXXXXq6xXFXXXW.jpgHTB1qnQzRVXXXXX9apXXq6xXFXXXy.jpg

Mystery somewhat solved. I searched Google typing in "mini X7 car dash cam". I then made some progress. Seems these were sold on the AliExpress website. Manufacturer listed is: Sunnyway2016 Technology Co., Ltd. The listing is still there, but says "Unfortunately this product is no longer available!" It's a Blueskysea DL-X7 Dash Cam. The mount does NOT allow for left to right angle rotation...not that I could discern from these additional images.
The computer generated images don't show the left-right pivot, but it is there in the real image.
I think you are finding people who sell it rather than manufacture it, fairly sure that inside it is a mini0806 designed by MegTech, and it looks like they are manufacturing it too.

MegTech is here as member "Rayman Chan" and BlueSkySea is here as "estore009" so if you have issues or questions they may be able to help. There are many cams sold only in limited markets- China, Russia, and Korea are mainly where this occurs. Sometimes those can be had anywhere from the AE, BG, and GB online stores and my guess is that this the case here. The 0806 had some issues as I recall so if indeed that's what's inside the plastic maybe posts in that forum here could help.

Don't worry about being bashed over a cheap cam, folks here are generally nicer than that (y) and some of us delve into those at times partly for fun and partly because that's all we have money for. I may be the only person you'll ever come across with a G1W/HC (I have two in fact) which turned out to be darned good cams if you format the cards regularly, and they were just $36 IIRC. Out of production now, apparently they didn't sell well enough due to the old design, but mine are still in daily use doing more than what you'd expect for the money. I hope your 'bargain find' serves you equally well :)

Phil

Back