I need of help deciding on which cam!

momoftwo

Reaction score
Thank you for this amazing site. I'm new to the dash cam world and the buying guide and comparison page has been extremely valuable! I'm in need of a dash cam with good video daytime and average night. It MUST have good audio though. Also, it will be inward facing and I'd like it to get the whole car (does this mean i need a 120 viewing area?). I does not need to have gps and I'd prefer it to have no screen. I'd like it as discreet as possible. I'd also like it to be able to record and store lots of video (by lots I mean multiple days- is that even possible?) If cost were no object, what would you get based on my criteria? If cost were somewhat an object (let's say under $300USD) what would you get.
considering FineVu CR-300HD or FineVu CR-500HD but I've also seen a ton of other types on amazon. Thoughts on these for my needs?
Many, many thanks for the help! :D

Hi momoftwo,

Those requirements are unique. Audio quality is secondary for most people so I don't know which camera has great audio quality. Also recording for multiple days and good recording quality will not happen. You will need to choose one or the other. But since you are recording what is inside the car, 480p SD video quality may be fine. Viewing angle shouldn't be a problem.

Now what is the best camera for this application is a difficult question. I don't know what is the best sounding discrete camera. Perhaps others can chime in.

Worst case, narrow your list down to discrete cameras with good video quality. Then watch many Youtube videos to check out how audio performs.

momoftwo said:
Thank you for this amazing site. I'm new to the dash cam world and the buying guide and comparison page has been extremely valuable! I'm in need of a dash cam with good video daytime and average night. It MUST have good audio though. Also, it will be inward facing and I'd like it to get the whole car (does this mean i need a 120 viewing area?). I does not need to have gps and I'd prefer it to have no screen. I'd like it as discreet as possible. I'd also like it to be able to record and store lots of video (by lots I mean multiple days- is that even possible?) If cost were no object, what would you get based on my criteria? If cost were somewhat an object (let's say under $300USD) what would you get.
considering FineVu CR-300HD or FineVu CR-500HD but I've also seen a ton of other types on amazon. Thoughts on these for my needs?
Many, many thanks for the help! :D

You really only need good video for day and night. Forget what the audio sounds like. You'll never find one that does everything perfectly.
All to new are these car cams.

I have the gs1000 blue menu one which is quite good. The orange menu one is suppose to be better for night time.

The aliexpress.com site is a good site for pricing.
dhgate.com is another for low pricing and they do free freight too.

Back