Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mitku

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Hi my friends, this is my first post here... and excuse me if my English is not good enough. :)
Currently I've got one super cheap and unreliable dashcam that I want to throw away because it blew me few times in the past. So I wanna buy a new reliable and quality dashcam. My wish list for its most important details is:
1) quality of the night video (I suppose that if the night video is on good level - the day video will be OK too);
2) the video segments must not have gaps between the clips (overlap is OK)... I suppose that all current high level models are OK on this point, but I've to be sure;
3) parking mode - movement triggering and few seconds buffer. To start the recording those few seconds before the triggering event;
4) as I've said - good quality and reliability of the product... I don't want to change it again in a few months.
5) GPS logging is good feature for me;
6) LCD (don't want a model without display);
7) suction mount (don't like the adhesive tapes);
8) I'm in Europe, so the product has to have a possibility for delivery in EU, and it would be very good that the seller is EU based and thus I don't have to lose time, money and my nerves on customs.
9) Somewhat connected with the previous - I preffer the offers from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de, but Amazon.com is OK too (ebay.co.uk, ebay.de and ebay.com are OK too).

So I've read a few days the threads in this forum and shrinked my list to following models (all of them are partially OK on the point 8) above and are from USA based sellers, but obviously I've to make some compromises):
1. PowerUCC Panorama G (+ Hard Wire Power Supply Kit);
2. PowerUCC Panorama II S (+ GPS + Hard Wire Power Supply Kit);
3. Vico Marcus 4 (+ GPS + Hard Wire Power Supply Kit).
With some additional compromises (mainly about the parking mode), but for less money, I've considered Shadow GT680W, but read some bad user reviews about its reliability. About the same for G1W + risks for those many counterfeits. And may be DoD LS430W is somewhat closer, but I think Panoramas are better and somewhat cheaper.
And basically I think the best choice for me is Panorama G (+ some waiting, but I'm not in a hurry ;) ). Somewhat better than Panorama II S - internal GPS, better touch display, same quality, at almost the same price. And Marcus 4 is not so better, but far more expensive (about 50% more money). Am I right to go for Panorama G? If there is some other good model - I would be gratefull to recommend it to me. :cool:

Back