I paid to have U1000 installed professionally - rear view camera doesn't record and it is not possible to register my system on the Cloud App

I have the U1000 and to be honest, the config wasn't as easy as you might imagine it to be.

There are 2 ways to connect - Connect via Wi-fi (where the U1000 is the hotspot) and Connect via Hotspot (where both your phone and the U1000 connect to the same hotspot).
To do initial config you must use the first method - which means pressing the wifi button and then in your phone looking for the U1000 as the hotspot to connect to.
Once you connect then you need to go teach the U1000 the hotspot details - so if you are parked outside your home, then give it your home wifi settings. Once configured, it will remember both and both methods can be used in future.
You can teach it more than 1 hotspot, e.g. it knows about my home hotspot, and the one on my phone - so if I'm out driving and turn on the phone hotspot, the U1000 will notice and announce it is connected to the internet.

Cloud registration was another pain, but that was before I discovered how to setup the U1000 to use a hotspot. To register, both your phone and the U1000 need to be able to talk to the internet at the same time - and you can't do that with the U1000 as the hotspot.

Only tweak I needed for the rear cam was to flip the video upside down - otherwise it all just worked (and records fine). I too had mine professionally installed - but it was the first time the installer did a U1000 and it was the first time he'd done my model of vehicle - so finding the ignition fuse/tap was a challenge. Got there in the end tho. Wiring routed through car at the same time as bmw reversing cam installed so it is a really tidy job.

why flip the rear image ? means they installed it wrong ?
In the app the image was upside down. It looks like it was installed properly but I guess it is just so it supports wiring from both the left or right side - ie you can install either way. Guess we just picked the wrong "default" way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L U1000 11
T U1000 3
H U1000 1
T U1000 2
R U1000 0
Back