I really had a hard time coming up with a title for this video

Best i can say is to please read my video description for this video. a lot happens in a short amount of time.
I always enjoy watching US drivers and roundabouts. The entertainment value is priceless. :D
One thing caught my attention, though: the "right lane-first exit only" rule. I noticed that that particular traffic circle (as you call them) had a sign indicating the directions for each lane but is that rule a general rule or it depends on the signage? :)

Last edited:
There is a phenomenon that exists, where sometimes in a given area the average IQ will momentarily take a deep drop. This may be your first experience. They have come up with no explanation for this phenomenon. They can last for seconds, or even hours o_O
Sometimes it can last for years at a time. :rolleyes:
And in some cases it's genetic and affects 90% of a country's population. :(

There is a phenomenon that exists, where sometimes in a given area the average IQ will momentarily take a deep drop. This may be your first experience. They have come up with no explanation for this phenomenon. They can last for seconds, or even hours o_O
You are assuming that most of these were high to begin with :D

signs?? are they for people to look at while they're driving? wouldn't they distract people from trying to cut people up?

I always enjoy watching US drivers and roundabouts. The entertainment value is priceless. :D
One thing caught my attention, though: the "right lane-first exit only" rule. I noticed that that particular traffic circle (as you call them) had a sign indicating the directions for each lane but is that rule a general rule or it depends on the signage? :)

It seems to depend on the design and size of the roundabout. Where I live we have a fairly small roundabout that was installed about ten years ago that has been total free-for-all lunatic asylum with lots of mishaps and accidents. The small size of this roundabout is a big part of the problem because it is located just off a major Interstate highway with tractor-trailers entering every few minutes that can barely navigate the small circle without hogging both lanes. Throw in the clueless drivers (especially the out of town tourists) who don't know how to use a roundabout along with the crazy selfish drivers who launch themselves into traffic right in front of cars already traveling through and you've really got a mess on your hands.

Anyway, about a month ago they totally redesigned the road markings to make them much more prominent and added new larger signage on the approach to the roundabout that acts like a simple visual instruction manual on how to navigate the circle and suddenly things have seen a dramatic improvement. One of the main things is that it makes clear that if you are in the right hand lane you are required to take your first right turn. Still not perfect, but better.

Nearby, just over the border in an adjacent state there are many roundabouts but they seem much better designed and feel far more intuitive. There the roundabouts work like Swiss watches most of the time, even with the idiots.

Anyway, about a month ago they totally redesigned the road markings to make them much more prominent and added new larger signage on the approach to the roundabout that acts like a simple visual instruction manual on how to navigate the circle and suddenly things have seen a dramatic improvement. One of the main things is that it makes clear that if you are in the right hand lane you are required to take your first right turn. Still not perfect, but better.
That's exactly what's needed when drivers are not used to traffic circles. Sometimes even the simple road markings can make a lot of difference.

Actually moon over parador are not a bad movie, and beside Richard dreyfuss there is the excellent Raul Julia
For a second I thought that was a clip of the the steamy scene with Sonia Braga and Clint Eastwood in The Rookie! Can't find a clip online unfortunately.
ab527c535bcd86f6d224bd5109d1ccb8.jpg

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

O i almost forgot that other classic, and with Raul too.

Back