I still it worth upgrading for me?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so I used a möbius camera for a dash cam, 'a' lens to get the best picture of a cars numberplate.

Ok so do they do the new möbius in an 'a' lens so I don't get the fish eye effect?

Also, does the 60fps make much effect on grabbing a numberplate?

Is the quality of the images actually much better than the möbius? I could look on YouTube but the quality drops.

In its current state, the M2 isn't an upgrade.

If you're looking to eliminate the fisheye effect, check out the new A2 lens for the Mobius. The D lens is also narrower than the C2 but not as narrow as the A2.

It's still not an upgrade even after the recent firmware updates?

Will there be much point in getting the camera by the time they have got the firmware sorted haha xD

Why is the 2 a step backwards?
Why would they make something new and worse?

Why is the 2 a step backwards?
Why would they make something new and worse?

There are threads on the M2 discussing what is wrong with it in detail- look there for specific answers.

It seems they are just not able to get the performance they wanted from it and are already designing it's replacement :rolleyes: In American slang, "they bit off more than they could chew and they choked on it" :( If they could have made their design concepts work properly it would have been an awesome cam, but instead it's an awful one- the antithesis of what we'd come to expect from them :(

Phil

Ok, so v2 is a no go.

Any ideas for a replacement for my broken Mobius?
I was it to double as an action cam.
GoPro is not ideal. Too wide and terrible audio.

The minimum the developers can do, is work to get a decent picture quality from the M2 and dont let down the people who bought it. next time, as a buyer, i will think twice if to buy a Mobius or look for other options.

I have 8 Mobius M1's and recently bought 2 M2's. I use 6 of them as dash cams (see my video "The Basic 9 Dash Cam System"). I replaced one of the M1 dash cams with an M2 and found the M2 is not nearly as good as the M1 in reading license plate numbers. The M2 does a better job with colors however and has a much, much brighter (but grainy) low light video. I have been using one of the M2's as an action cam and I am very happy with it. It seems the M2 sacrifices some sharpness for more vivid colors and brighter low light video. It also has a wider field of view.

The original Mobius is rather unique in many ways, so about the only fitting replacement for a Mobius is another Mobius ;) It's great for what it is though the old sensor has been surpassed by newer and better ones in other cams- but those are different form factors and larger too. And no other cam achieves the balance Mobius does between action cam and dashcam usage. It's the DC3 of the small-cam world :D

We all had hopes for a better outcome with the M2. I'd still consider another Mobius product but now it will have to prove itself well before I buy it. I will be buying more of the original though :cool:
Phil

They might be able to turn the M2 around, but so far it have not happened.
Going with their own linux approach instead of going with a known chipset might be a problem, not sure if they did so as the sensor dont have support in ambrella or novatec chipset solutions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bungus Mobius 2 / M2 9
Back