I think I screwed up

Velvetfoot

Reaction score
Country
United States
SD card was gooblygook. Just previously, I pulled the power cord while still in menu.
It reformatted fine, and card + unit are new. Hadn't had any other problems.
Just previously, I pulled the power cord while still in menu.
I'm thinking that's the reason.

corrupted sd card.png

The last time I saw that was a fake card where the faked card directory/size didn't match the actual card capacity.

See what H2TestW makes of the card

Last edited:
I wonder if it could be that the capacitor wasn't charged?
I tried to duplicated it, but couldn't.

Give the card a test with h2testw.exe to make sure all the memory in it is real...

I just had the same with a card, i was told its a sign of imminent death, so though the card checked out alright with software it is now in a tin with other small airgun targets ( at 50 yards thats a small target )

That takes a long time for a 256g hd, no?
I'll probably just see how it goes until it does it again.

What other device has the card been in? I've seen this when an unknown file was placed on the card by another device.

I just had the same with a card, i was told its a sign of imminent death, so though the card checked out alright with software it is now in a tin with other small airgun targets ( at 50 yards thats a small target )
Yards? You're pretty good.

Yeah i think running any test on 256GB take a while, it is something you start up before you go to bed, or start binge watching something if you unlike me have a TV

With a scope of course.

This was 50 M which are a bit more than 50 yards.

tumblr_pwyrskdNZT1wxv8ejo1_1280.jpg

This is 50/50 off the bipod on that wobbly table and standing using a shooting stick.

tumblr_pwyrp4u0H01wxv8ejo1_1280.jpg

The old FX Cyclone, while not as sweet as the new models, it is still a tack driver.
Dying to get my hands on a FX Dreamline tactical, but it is a 1200 USD dream so it is on the back burner.
And no plan on opening up to 100 M soon, there is a lot going on at my friends place, i am actually going there tomorrow as heavy machinery arrive to do some earth work in the fields for the RC car and Garden trains.
And thats plenty to tie over us 2 decrepit old farts for the rest of the year.
Putting down and leveling the 100 M or so train track are probably the biggest job, the tracks for fast off road and scale 4x4 RC cars more or less make itself. + plenty of people also interested in that where as it is just me and my friend that are into the large garden trains.

Indeed not hobbies i have spent money on lately, but i do have to buy a receiver and a battery or two for my little porter train, but that dont have to be this year.
For a scale 4x4 truck you can get a nice RTR car for 3-400 USD, but there too once addicted a car like that suddenly are 500 USD more expensive in upgrade parts, so also not something i have spent money on since 2018.
My little dodge power wagon ride fine, only competed with it one time and i came in #2 after my friend driving a car with larger wheels and so more ground clearance.

My big 2 - 6 - 6 - 2 train on my friends old garden setup.

My dodge when it was new.

With a scope of course.

This was 50 M which are a bit more than 50 yards.

This is 50/50 off the bipod on that wobbly table and standing using a shooting stick.

Careful! The Danes might put your eye out with their sharp shooting airsoft gun skills! ;)

not airsoft, i dont shoot with plastic pellets, it is all lead launched thru a almost smooth bore Swedish barrel / gun

I've had a few air guns growing up, first was IIRC in 4th grade. Remember tying a torch to the barrel and trying to hunt feral chickens during winter vacations.

Cool toy. Range must be awesome with the compressed air.

@Velvetfoot, whether it's a bad card or not, if you still find you are having problems it might help to hit the hard reset button on the side of your camera and redo your menu settings. It wouldn't hurt to just go ahead and do this anyway after an incident like this where you pulled the power unintentionally.

Back