I think it'd be better to buy another cam.

fatherscott

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
I bought a viofo ticket and asked about this and that and found that the G sensor was not very useful in my car. My car is 2018 RAV4. If you have a car similar to RAV4, I think it'd be better to buy another cam.

Today viofo sent me modified firmware and tested it. It's better, but it's not good enough.

Why is the G sensor no good in your car?

I thought a G sensor would be the same in any situation. What am I missing.

The G sensor is almost useless in my car.

When you're driving or parking.

So I installed the old firmware.

I checked that the firmware of the old version is not working.

Maybe the G sensor has changed.

As it stands, it's hard to get an event unless the car is destroyed.

One strange thing is that when I got the new firmware, the G sensor started working in parking mode. It's not perfect, but maybe there's a bug in the formal version.

That's bizarre, I usually find some files saved in the RO section because the G-sensor detected a pothole, so for me it works...

I know, it's just that my cam needs a lot of shock. To detect an event, need a big shock that'll cut the car in half.

If you're talking about G sensor whilst driving, and not parking mode, then I wohldn't bother. I've turned my sensor low/off, forget the option on that setting, then I just record my drive in realtime warts and all.

If I need to find anything it's in chronological order and all files in the same place.

I've never understood wanting separate files elsewhere on the card.

Just me.

found it today when I was initializing the factory, but if I change the mode of the cam, there seems to be a bug where the G sensor doesn't work. If we proceed with the factory reset, it will be fine.

Back