I want a mountain bike.

Yes would be nice if it was only the weather holding one back, 30 kmh are a okay transport speed too i think, my last conventional race bike that i had a computer on, even stopping it every time i was at a red light, or in other ways stopped, often the average speed of a drive of mine was just 18 kmh, and i got around alright, did about 4000 km on that one in less than a year before it too got stolen.

But i have no place here to charge a E-bike, only option are to dangle a extension chord out the window and then charge it on the street or in the back yard, and both places it would probably be stolen really fast.
So a detachable battery pack would be nice, though XXX batteries are probably pretty heavy to lug up and down from the 2 floor where i live.

Also without knowing the prices i worry a good higher end E-bike will cost the same as a little car like mine, and really if it was only half of that i would still prefer a heated and faster all year mode of transport.

A conventional MTB like the specialized S-works epic evo 2019 are pretty darn near the same cost ( 11.300 USD ) as a brand new Suzuki car like mine was selling at before they got discontinued.
A brand new Suzuki Ignis cost 20.187,00 USD but at 133.000 DKKr it is not one of the cheaper cars here, you can get a brand new car under 100.000 DKkr

Last edited:
Range is going to be affected by a number of factors including: weight of bike and rider, elevation gain/loss, speed, road/dirt conditions, aggressiveness of riding (kind of related to speed), battery capacity and charge level, temperature (cold means less range), gearing and tire type. For an e-bike dedicated to pavement the problem is easier as you can avoid suspension and knobby tires thus reducing weight and running resistance, but for a dirt bike needing suspension and knobby like tires the weight is higher and the running resistance will also be higher as will the tendency to ride aggressively. I could easily see a range of 200km for a road e-bike while a dirt based one would go 150km if the dirt is hard packed and in good condition and the rider is riding conservatively. The same battery on a dirt bike ridden like a motocrosser would be lucky to see 75km and perhaps less than 50km or an hour or so.

We are is desperate need of a breakthrough in battery technology but if one is forthcoming and we see capacity density increase by 50% or more as well as power density by a similar factor and gas powered vehicles would be in big trouble.

Brian

Yeah lithium are a dwindling supply too i am told.
Problem is even if we got those much better batteries, someone will still have oil, and no problem selling it, and if we deside to ban oil, then a lot of people are going to get angry, and the current situation in some parts of the worlc will carry or or even escalate.

Oooooh !

Those electric off road bikes , Hmmmmmm !
Seen the promo video's on youtube ...
Me like !

Back