i want to buy a dashcam to record...

lkwan78

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Real f500lHd
while i sleep.

i sometimes have the weirdest dreams. after watching the movie inception. i have been experimenting with lucid dreaming. while i can sometimes control my dreams, i still wondering what is going on with my body.

i need a dashcam that has decent IR LEDS bc it is completely dark in my bedroom. normally, IR leds in a dashcam are pointless bc their effectiveness is way to short for driving, but in my case, they will work fine because i will place the dashcam 2ft directly above my head!

i have already tried fake dvr027, from amazon. but i never bought the real dvr027 from ebay bc i ended up getting a f500lhd.

would a dvr027 work better for me since it has IR’s and the f500lhd doesnt? i would like to keep this experiment as cheap as possible too while getting goood results. which other cameras would do what i want for <$100?

it is 5am right now while i type this message. i just woke up from the weirdest dream. but i didnt have my dashcam in place to record what happened!

if this thread should be in the off topic thread please move it. i wanted it hear so it could get the most exposure...

Perhaps an exorcism is in order? Failing that, the DVR 027 will capture your body in total darkness within a few feet.

Yeah keep them coming... I knew ya'll were going to think i'm weird... :)

No not at all, it was just an attempt at some humour.

You may want to consider a "baby monitor" camera. These are designed with infrared capability that works very good in dark rooms. Probably a better choice than a dash cam. Just need to find one that lets you record / connect to a computer rather than just a live view.

I was actually impressed with the IR LEDs on the V5000GS. I can take a sample video if you want. I got mine from eBay.

Edit: sorry, just saw the <$100 price requirement.

Back