I want to love you, but you make it very difficult sometimes

I have three mobius, one of which has an 8" extension and a supercap, Ive been struggling to complete a permanent install as the supercap needs work. The 8" extension seems to pick up interference with the minimal shielding it comes with etc.

So I have some things to work on. Im not giving up. :cool: These things all have teething problems.

But sigh...... I do check my footage on a regular basis as I don't quite trust the little thing as all of them have stubble along the way for various reasons.

Half way through a journey yesterday the footage came back as this.....View attachment 3851

It corrected after two more 5 min clips and was fine before that on the same journey. It wasnt moved in between any of those clips and all my setting have been the same for ages.

I work with tech for a hobby and IT for a living so I know things need love and TLC sometimes, but there is a lesson I am learning here.

Dont mod or change the mobius in any way and just use your standard Mobius for the moment letting another pioneer take the lead. Because at the moment Im going to take to little thing flying like on the RC forum, but this will be powered by my arm...... :(
In my view reliability is especially important in a dash cam, as ideally they should be 'fire and forget', and you need to know the video will be there when you need it, otherwise what's the point?

I've had footage that looks just like that too but it is always when I switch the camera on and it goes away in a second or two once the camera decides to adjust the exposure.

Anyway, maybe she's just playing hard to get and is waiting 'til Valentine's Day to decide whether to return your love? ;)

Last edited:
Of all the small cams, the Mobius has all the right curves: discreet, sharp video, great support and a developer who is visibly working to improve it. Reliability is something still to be seen; not many have had complaints and so far it has been excellent. It's been about a half a year since release so another 6 months and we can start to say its reliable.

One problem that I think needs to be addressed is the start up problem that you @Jim and others have pointed out. This is big for dash cam use. For me, it happens if I don't press the clutch in enough. I turn the key and the car doesn't start. Another try and it starts; the Mobius does not. I lent the car out over the weekend and doing my usual footage check, I noticed a gap. She must have had a miss start. Missing footage can be costly.

Another is the pickiness with SD cards, sorta. A few have been very picky lately on both Forums without many clear reasons why.

This camera was primarily made for other users, with car functionality added. I think we Dash cam users are second in line, so things like Super Capacitors take a back seat to "please everyone" firmware upgrades. Two sets of users needing, maybe disagreeing on, separate things, for example http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27370206&postcount=6677. On that note I am really happy with mine, as many are, it's a great little camera. In this category, there is none better. Maybe a solution would be releasing two versions or at least two firmware versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim
Last edited by a moderator:
If only woman were into dashcams like we all are....... :(
If only women were into anything like we are

Ok that might be a little creepy :eek:

Though beer and cold pizza everyday could sound good :cool:

If only woman were into dashcams like we all are....... :(

It seems to me there are indeed a number of female dash enthusiasts here at DashCamTalk going by some of the member handles. Maybe they'll check in with this thread? :rolleyes:

Ill post my number then...... :D
Gheez I would hate to have sit through your wedding video, with travel and bad driver footage included ;)

Yup, I've just been browsing the member list and there are various female names and members who identify themselves as female. As I only looked through the letter "A" we can extrapolate a healthy female membership!
We can all chip in and buy the top of the line Guardtrak model for Jim and his betrothed as a wedding gift when it becomes available!

On our Facebook page the demographic stats show just slightly more than half are male, I think females are interested, it's just not a topic of conversation like it is with males

Next time im down the pub its definitely "alright darling, you into dashcams"?

"want to see my footage"?

;)
Now that's something I would like you to record! "The day I met the Misses"

Looks that way. Let's hope Jim's Mobius' don't catch wind of this conversation or they'll never grant him their love. :)

Now thats a whole different website.......

Just slightly........ :oops:
Wow she was beautiful ! What a shape: 2304 x 1296P / 60 Fps
Absolutely stunning :eek:

wanna come home and see my Collection of micro sd Cards ? :D

Just ordered a mobius, witch SD brands should i look into ?
I intend to go 64Gb if possible, so far i have my eyes on a Kingston Card ( SDCX10/64GB )

wanna come home and see my Collection of micro sd Cards ? :D

Just ordered a mobius, witch SD brands should i look into ?
I intend to go 64Gb if possible, so far i have my eyes on a Kingston Card ( SDCX10/64GB )
Million dollar question, so far SanDisk is labeled as the problem yet many have the SanDisk 32gb Class 10 working fine.

Taking a look at the tread on rcgroups later on, dunno why i dident do that before asking here.

I will just Search in the tread, some time back i read up on the first 50 or so pages, reding thru another 400 pages will proberly not be good for my mental helth :D

The Kingston card i have my eyes on is the cheapest i can find ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jean-Philippe Encausse Mobius 9
Paul_Maxus Mobius 3
Back