I was recording at 1440P60 (on v2.5) but now that option is gone...

waqqas31

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 x 2 (Hardwired!)
I was having a different problem when I went about reading the User Manual, which suggested using the TS video format (instead of MP4) for less chances of getting a corrupted video file. All my MP4 recordings up until this point were recording at 1440P60 (I still have the recording files to prove it) but after changing to TS, I cannot find the 1440P60 option in the Resolution menu anymore (even after switching back to MP4.)

Has this option been deprecated and was I just riding my luck on settings preserved from a previous firmware version, or is there a way to get 1440P60 back?

You are right. I had HDR enabled and turning it off gave me 1440P60 back. Thanks!

But now after coming the footage... I'm wondering if the better dynamic range is preferable over the higher frame-rate.... Does HDR make a big difference at night?

You may have HDR enabled.
HDR and 60fps are incompatible.
You are right. I had HDR enabled and turning it off gave me 1440P60 back. Thanks!

But now after coming the footage... I'm wondering if the better dynamic range is preferable over the higher frame-rate.... Does HDR make a big difference at night?
After comparing* the footage... apparently I don't have editing privileges, yet!

Back